Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a great day yesterday.got up to granby at about 6am and started in sunset point,which is the pull in right after rainbow bay.slap on the nightcrawler cast it out.slap on the castmaster and away we go.on my second cast with the castmaster i look over only to see my worm rod bent in half.brought him in turned out to be a 17" bow.10 minutes later another bow came out.so i rigged my other rod for worms as well.put that in and and waited.bang another one.couldnt believe it.so within like 45 minutes i got 3 nice trout.i thought i hit the mother load.until the poles just stopped bouncing.left there around 9:30 or so.went back to Monarch,which i really only go to for its beauty.and dropped the worms in.right away it was on.the trout are small but in about an hour n a half i had caught 6 of em.
took off out of there at about noon or so and went back to willow creek which is across they way from granby lake.i just went over there to scout for elk.lots of good evidence that elk,deer,moose had been useing the area.i had been cow calling the whole time and nothing.but right before dark a nice bull from the other side of the lake made himself known with a sweet bugle that echoed for miles over the lake it seemed.what an experience,and a hell of a walk i might add.couldnt see the bull but i didnt need to.
so i any of you guys are looking for some pretty good trout action on worms from the bank.get out there early and have a good time.sorry no pics,my digi was out of batteries and i didnt realize it till i went to take my first picture of those trout.
good luck
shawn

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Nice report. I liked the part about the Fishing. Could have done w/o the hunting twist. Post that in the hunting section eeeerrrrr the off-topic section :)

Thanx

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

F

·
0 Posts
its been years since ive been to monach...how far from granby is it ....and its the road that goes over the dam and past the inlet you just keep taking that to monarch right?

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks, Piker!

Hearing those bull elk bugle is part of what I really love about fishing that country this time of year!  As far as I'm concerned, it's ALL part of the fishing experience!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what difference does it make about the hunting part,i was just talking bout my day.most folks that do both hunting and fishing could apreciate that.
in the future i will never post anything outdoors related in this section.geez

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah monarch is straight though on the road you are talking about,its about 9 miles in.bout a half mile walk.friggin beauty.i just love that spot.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks
i dont wanna stir the pot thats already being stirred pretty hard in other sections.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
monarch is great, ive caught some nice lakers , also some brookies and browns, and of course the rainbows, there was a picture recently in a fishing magazine with a lady that caught a 25 inch brown out of there

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
PIKER said:
what difference does it make about the hunting part,i was just talking bout my day.most folks that do both hunting and fishing could apreciate that.
in the future i will never post anything outdoors related in this section.geez
Im just messing with all you hunters. Ever board has to have a dick on it and i'll play that role :) :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice

D

·
0 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Ever board has to have a dick on it and i'll play that role :) :)
[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]
I thought someone else was already playing that role on this board.  ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
and about granby? lol

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
I know where Jay works, so if he gets too out of control, we'll send my buddy Guido over to see him.  After Guido is done with Jay, he can mail some packages for me and make some copies.

Send me a couple thunks sucker meat is expensive. ;D

·
Registered
16,684 Posts
Just ask my wife-she'll tell you that I'm by far the biggest A-hole!!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Great just what we need a competition to see who the is the biggest *** ****. :)

Thank you for standing by, we now return you to the regular scheduled thread topic!

What is the access like? Do I need high clearance or 4wd?

Dan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts