Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring break is right around the corner, and I'll be up in the Granby (winter park) area the next week. Anyone going to be up there fishing either The fork or Granby? say from Sunday-Thursday? Haven't fished Williams Fork yet this year, How's the snow on top? Last year this time, it was a b****!
John

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
I havent been lately but you know it's gonna be a [email protected]@rd! I'm gonna hit 11-mile Monday for prolly the last time this season. Those fish get pretty aggressive when they sense ice-out!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I was at the Fork last weekend and it wasn't bad at all, but snow has been falling (and is supposed to continue) since. I will bee there on Sunday as well (tan Ford F-150 extended cab). I will more than likely be in the west coves fishing for pike. The beer will be cold.

·
Registered
297 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I havent been lately but you know it's gonna be a [email protected]@rd! I'm gonna hit 11-mile Monday for prolly the last time this season. Those fish get pretty aggressive when they sense ice-out!
Slayer, I was thinking of headin up there on monday too, maybe we can meet up.
Let me know where you'll be.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Johnny:

too bad we do not have the same brreak. I have two snowmobiles that will make the snow a non factor. I will be up there the week after you. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Went to the Fork today. Snow wasn't too bad, about 3-4 inches on the lake. Caught one pike, measured 26". Having problems with the camera, but will post pick once i get it worked out.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Yeah, it was a fatty. I think she was full of eggs. They must be eating a lot because they haven't been hitting the baits like they should.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ice was 18-20"+ and in good shape. It was 15-20 degrees so in "theory", it should still be making ice. Can't wait to get out again this weekend.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a great looking Pike! Did you catch it on sucker meat or water dogs? Jigging or tip up. We only got lakers last week, but they were all pretty nice and fat, just like the pike.

Lucky, my break is over allready, CSAP'ing today. Next year, our break has been pushed back to April. Have fun, maybe I'll be sick on Monday ;).
John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts