Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with the hippie today and managed this pig. Thought it would be longer for how heavy it was. Not a skinny fish! Good fighter good times. Still out there swimming and growing.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Very cool, right after the tournament they normally don't bite for a while, nice fish and thanks for the release.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
It sounds like you weighed it...what did it come in at?

And yes its a beauty!!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Now that's a fish! Judging by the jaw, it looks like it's been hooked before...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
wow... redic! Well done, sir.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I figured as much, but all macs have to be under 19" for the tourney.,Thins some smalls out, not really a rapefest.
My guess he's talking about the shear numbers of people on the ice hitting it. And it dosen't mean many big ones weren't worked over, caught and/or released. You would think after an intense amount of fishing pressure, it might be a little slow right after.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
My guess he's talking about the shear numbers of people on the ice hitting it. And it dosen't mean many big ones weren't worked over, caught and/or released. You would think after an intense amount of fishing pressure, it might be a little slow right after.
Exactly, over 1000 anglers with 3 days of augers, snowmobile and ATV traffic has a way of shutting down the fishing normally.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Was up there last weekend and its been 15 plus years the last time i was there for the tourney. I was surprised at how few fisherman compared to the old days. Back then it looked like a city on Granby ,, it was busy on Granby but nothing what I was expecting. We had a House up on Grand Lake and there was maybe 15 people on Grand and I only counted 5 groups on shadow saturday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts