Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my son up to Granby on Sunday. I am going to be trolling with
leadcore. Can anyone tell me what kind of spoons to troll with. I will probably be trolling in Arapahoe Bay and off Rocky Pt. Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rick,

We went up last sunday and caught 11 from noon to about 2:45. Trolling leadcore, 6 1/2 colors with about a 15' mono leader trailing needlefish #3 in rainbow. They were biting soft and missed quite a few hits too. I changed my single hooks over to trebles just to hang on to them.

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
NinerRick,

I'm going to try to be up there also on Sunday. Like Jay mentioned in a recent Granby report, Downriggers or leadcore is not the only way to get down to Lakers. 6 and 1/2 colors is supposed to equate to 30 - 35 feet down with about 200 feet of line out, while a 4 oz weight will take superline down about 40 feet with 100 feet of line out.

I like big spoons, thin flutter type. I just posted a list on another tread. They work.

L

·
0 Posts
I say what Terre says on spoon selection. If your having a hard time finding the spoons she listed, just buy some BIG krokadile spoons. They aren't my favorite but you can get them locally and they will work.

I internet order all my spoons at the beginning of the season so I'm not sure what's available locally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts