Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided to take my mom and her freind  to the mountains for the weekend. i decided to take them up to RMNP what a great time of year to go i have never been up there since i moved here WOW. ended up take trail ridge road to granby Got to the lodge about 4;00 and was fishing by 5:00 fished the lake by the pump house started tossing a gold kasty and picked up a couple of 12" bows nothing to brag about but no skunk ;D  tried a panther. and a roostertail with no luck. got up the next morning and drove up through kremmling and down hwy 9 i think not sure but it took us by green mount. res and the blue river too windy to get out and fish either spot but it was nice to find some new spots. ended up at twin lakes and rented a cabin for the night got there with just enough light to fish for about an hour and a half fished the upper lake with no success treid just about everything i had with out even a bite :(. woke up the next morning and went up to Forbay with the wife and mom and was blessed by the fish gods nice and sunny and it wasnt WINDY ;D  My wife and mother were useing power bait and catching some nice size fish but i was reluctant to fish powerbait. i was tosing a yellow and red panther martin and cathing a fish here and there I even caught a Dan size fish (sorry Dan) thats when i had enough and swallowed my pride and went to the good old powerbait . My pride wouldnt let my wife and my mom out fishe me. fished from 7:30-11:00 and ended up cathing approx. 20 rainbows between all of us the biggest was 17 in which my wife caught :mad:  its a long ride home when your are surrounded by three woman and one of them catches the biggest fish. got some good pics ill post em soon as i can recruit my wifes help. Sorry for such a long post.  I know my mom and her freind were really pleased with the rockys I was glad to send them back to Washington state  ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip, thanks for sharing. And didn't you know the women always catch the bigger fish, it's because they dont try so hard lol.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I love taking the woman folk up to the mountains in the fall, they love all the trees changing and stuff (I'm colorblind so it doesnt look much different to me) but they sure love it. Haha, if I let my girl catch a bigger fish then me I'd never hear the end of it... I already get enough of the you always catch fish blah blah blah stuff.
Sounds like a fun trip all in all.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Burn-n-daylight said:
:mad:  its a long ride home when your are surrounded by three woman and one of them catches the biggest fish.

Hey, I hear ya buddy... The case of 'she caught the biggest one' is like a curse for me. Hey, at least you didn't get the skunk. Sounds like you had a good trip. I'll be waiting for the pictures!

1eyeReD

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
1eyeReD said:
Burn-n-daylight said:
:mad:  its a long ride home when your are surrounded by three woman and one of them catches the biggest fish.

Hey, I hear ya buddy... The case of 'she caught the biggest one' is like a curse for me. Hey, at least you didn't get the skunk. Sounds like you had a good trip. I'll be waiting for the pictures!

1eyeReD
Poor 1eye, you will never live it down on this site either:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts