Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't icefished in 3 years, but I've been itching to get back out.

Fished Granby in the AM. Set up in 54 FOW out a ways from Dike 3 just before 8am. Iced two lakers (17", 20"), lost about six others. Whoops. Only my second time going for lakers, so I didn't have a feel for setting the hooks. We were fishing big white tube jigs with sucker meat, a foot or two off the bottom. (Learned that lurking on this group. ;) ) I was using a white glow 3/8oz jig head. Don't know if that made a difference, but I got about twice as many hits as the plain lead 3/8oz jig my buddy was using.

Slowed down after 10am, so we headed over to Wolford. Set up in 16 and 24 FOW at the northern end of the lake. Saw a half dozen groups fishing off the boat ramp and another half dozen at the next parking lot to the north. One brave soul was fishing close to shore by the dam. No one was up at the northern end, so we had the place to ourselves. Caught 8 rainbows (11" - 16") over the next few hours, on a variety of tiny pink and white ice jigs and rat finkees, tipped with mealworms, 6-8ft down.

Great getting back out there. It was cold and a little snowy at Granby, sunny and warm at Wolford. Not windy at all.

·
Registered
863 Posts
sounds like a good day bro....ive been wantin to hit these 2 up this yr but havent made it yet..this weekend will be my first trip up to granby this yr..you comin up there on sat for the get together?

M

·
0 Posts
Great way to pop your posting cherry, nice report, nice pic, cool stuff.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Guys, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what is happening this saturday on Granby? I am planning on going up there on Saturday anyway, whats up?

Just look for the guy with the oldest fish hut on the lake, that'll be me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pitbull said:
you comin up there on sat for the get together?
Can't make it Saturday, but someone take notes and post them here for me... ;) Chowed down on some laker fillets last night. I think I'll be back to Granby...

M

·
0 Posts
Kitchenmonkey said:
Guys, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what is happening this saturday on Granby?  I am planning on going up there on Saturday anyway, whats up? 

Just look for the guy with the oldest fish hut on the lake, that'll be me. 
check the ice fishing page, everyone is meeting up at granby for some ice fishing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts