Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got to granby around 8 or so. Threw a bronze kastmaster pretty much the whole time. The more I use kastys the more I love em. Cast,Let sink to bottom, retrieve and repeat.Didn't get anything crazy big. Got one nice bow, six macks and a decent little Kokanee. Got the Kokanee on my six weight using one of my little bunny leech streamers. They started jumping all over the place so I chucked a streamer right on top of em and they took it. Got everything else on the kasty. Today was much more overcast then the last few times I went and the fishing was definitely much better. The biggest Mack I landed was probably 21" or so but I lost one that felt bigger. It was a fun day fishing. I wanna keep going back. I did try tube jigs and a couple other things but the spoon seemed to be the ticket. That doesn't mean anything though because I'm completely new to tube jigs.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good report!
Thanks! I forgot to mention that there were several lakers that I missed on the first strike that came back and hit my lure for a second or even a third time in some cases and then I finally got em. So if you miss a hit, don't give up. There's always a chance theyll turn around for more

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Thanks! I forgot to mention that there were several lakers that I missed on the first strike that came back and hit my lure for a second or even a third time in some cases and then I finally got em. So if you miss a hit, don't give up. There's always a chance theyll turn around for more
A lot of time you'll have stacks of smaller lakers...maybe ten fish...maybe a hundred..all in the same spot. If you miss one, another will hit it..and then another, if you were to miss again. They can be pretty competitive. If you're getting bit like that, keep casting to the same spot.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of time you'll have stacks of smaller lakers...maybe ten fish...maybe a hundred..all in the same spot. If you miss one, another will hit it..and then another, if you were to miss again. They can be pretty competitive. If you're getting bit like that, keep casting to the same spot.[/QUOTE

I didn't consider that but that would make sense.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of time you'll have stacks of smaller lakers...maybe ten fish...maybe a hundred..all in the same spot. If you miss one, another will hit it..and then another, if you were to miss again. They can be pretty competitive. If you're getting bit like that, keep casting to the same spot.
So what's the best way to weed out the little guys and try and get some bigger fish? Just keep moving and working water and maybe use bigger lures?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what's the best way to weed out the little guys and try and get some bigger fish? Just keep moving and working water and maybe use bigger lures?
That would be a good idea.

What are your goto laker lures? I just got the 6in bbz1 rainbow trout swimbait. I'm thinking it's not a bad choice for bigger fish

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol ok? I really couldn't care less so don't sweat it. You act like I asked for you favorite hotspots not what kind of lures you like
No, I simply said you'll have to figure that out for yourself. Not sweating it at all.
Is it because you have some super effective relatively unknown lure you wanna keep secret or is it just because you like pretending like you know something no one else does? Cuz I would assume whatever you use is probably pretty standard and chances are everyone here would be familiar with it

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Is it because you have some super effective relatively unknown lure you wanna keep secret or is it just because you like pretending like you know something no one else does? Cuz I would assume whatever you use is probably pretty standard and chances are everyone here would be familiar with it
Wow...for someone asking for info...you're kind of an ass.

·
Registered
24,556 Posts
lol

"About the only thing more secretive than a mackinaw is a mackinaw fisherman...." - Rocky Mtn News 11-4-08

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Wow...for someone asking for info...you're kind of an ass.
My bad. I'm just curious why you can't tell people what lures you like. Chances are I know what you're using and so does everyone else. I was just making conversation more or less

·
Registered
24,556 Posts
I could tell ya but I'd have to kill you...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts