Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,194 Posts
My bad. I'm just curious why you can't tell people what lures you like. Chances are I know what you're using and so does everyone else. I was just making conversation more or less
Bet you don't...
Anyways, big big lakers are no joke man
I have a good idea of what hobie uses and even with that I get schooled most of the time. Today I got schooled laker fishing

Almost feel like I do better with tigers... :eek:

· Registered
9,172 Posts
A lot of Mack guys are quiet. And the reason why is because to learn that valuable technique or to find that money lure, it probably took them a lot of time wasted eating skunks, a lot of money wasted on lures that end up getting jammed on the rocks of the dikes, etc. if you want honest, legit help consistently catching macks of the eater variety, you got 2 options...

Hire Bernie keefe, he's a fuckin riot and a very legit dude who guides on granby. He's fair priced and he will show you how to catch mackinaws consistently.

Orr... Keep pounding away, losing lures and spending time figuring out the fish just like we all did. This forum is a valuable resource to look up info to figure them out. You seem to have found the money lure that works, (especially since 2 weeks ago I was up there and didn't do that well on tubes, but got them trolling tipped spoons.). So keep using that. I also pm'd you with Info on good lures to try at the Mack lakes as well.

And Hobiecat while very secretive... Is an encyclopedia of knowledge. If he gives you advice, don't **** on it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.