Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kim caught this bad boy a couple days ago. Measured right at 40 inches. She was pretty happy. Worked him for about 10 minutes to get the bite. Once hooked took about the same to put him on the ice. Fish was released to keep growing. It was really neat to watch her do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Sweet fish and release! Is it the pic or is that fish super skinny for a 40 inch fish? Looks thin as hell.
It's a Granby lake trout, some are fatter than others and times are tough, lean is mean, the great thing about Lake Trout is they can survive lean times and continue giving us opportunities.. "Awesome picture"

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
It's a Granby lake trout, some are fatter than others and times are tough, lean is mean, the great thing about Lake Trout is they can survive lean times and continue giving us opportunities.. "Awesome picture"
thanks Steve for confirming what I suspected!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice fish but damn some funky tape measures going around on cf recently

·
Registered
145 Posts
LOL, I agree, posted this in the other Granby thread, looks to be similar size, only 30", I dunno, pics are deceiving unless there is a tape in the pics. I am also 6'5" and have some big meat hooks.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Stiff arm vs cradling the fish... That top fish is def. bigger.

Nice fish though!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I different pic of the fish. The only shot of the fish being measured is in the video. Fish laying in a frabill tray fully opened up and hanging over the end. I just thought everybody would get a kick out of seeing how stoked Kim was. I guess most were. Now it's turning into how the fish wasn't that big... The tape was wrong and all that. Jesus people, getting just like the other site. I was there I know what I saw, I know what it was. No big deal I'll keep the pics from now on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My II Cents

Smart move yote.
This site isn't about fishing, It's a bash room.
Sweet Fish.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
I see 40" there...CONGRATS to Kim on the great catch!!! I know I would get a big pike woody with that fish!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I couldn't give a **** less how big it was. As long as the person caught it is stoked and fish went back, more power to him or her.

If you post a fish without a tape next to it, people will doubt it. Proven fact of ANY fish forum. And on this forum, if you post a pic with a tape, you'll likely encounter some that think the tape is a "custom" model.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts