Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been bait dunking at granby for 5 years now and have had some great success off shore. Macs have been my main target but when I went Saturday I had no luck just stocker trout. booooooooo! Does anyone know where the macs are hittin on the lake? my usual spot was too low im havin a mac attak

·
Registered
412 Posts
Baitdunker..........

Fished Grandby Tuesday. Great day to be alive..........weather was spectacular........... all the heavy weather went by on the north thru RMN park. Some sporatic action in Columbine..........river runoff is now in swing....there was actualy a CURRENT !! :eek: Best action was in Cutthroat Bay. Caught lakers , rainbows and even a ...........gasp.........Kokanee. Most on a #2 red/white Mepps spinner both cast from shore or slow trolled on long line. Lots of 12" rainbow stockers and 17 to 20" lakers. I did catch a 18 " older stocker rainbow that looked like it had been bitten by a German Sheppard!! If I did`nt know better I`d say it had been grabbed by an alligator! ????????
Water temp was in the 50 to 52 deg range. All action in less than 15 ft of water.

·
Banned
487 Posts
"I did catch a 18 " older stocker rainbow that looked like it had been bitten by a German Sheppard!! If I did`nt know better I`d say it had been grabbed by an alligator!"

More likely grabbed by a giant mack.

·
Registered
412 Posts
ICE..........

I`ve never know Lakers to have large canine teeth spaced inches apart! I`m serious........... the `holes`( 3/8" wide) were punched clean into the abdominal cavity as well as puncturing an eye. The holes were spaced out about two inches apart.......VERY weird. The fact that the fish survived the `attack`is unbelievable. Don`t think I`d be doing any swimming back in Cutthroat this month. :eek:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Maybe an Eagle? There are Osprey up there too, but I would think they would be to small to pick on a 18" rainbow. If it was an Eagle it was probably got too heavy and the Eagle had to drop the fish or crash.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Racer, actualy she da WOman!!! And she pretty well knows what she's taliking about. Check her Powell posts and the thrashing she put on the stripers.

Good call TALO.

Pete

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep.......She Da Woman! Saw the Powel report.......waaay kool.Took in Powel a few years back.......the trip was phenominal..............specially the stars at night.

·
Registered
412 Posts
DAN, If it was a bear...........I wouldn`t have had the chance to catch it!! No seriously, Osprey was right on the money. We were watching them catch fish all around us Wednesday. I just didn`t put one plus one together. ::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts