Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well decided at the last minute Saturday morning to go fishing, was going to hit the Mile to meet and fish with some of the board but when my son woke up he wasn't filling well so I decided to go to Granby and test the ice up there. Arrived at 8am. fished until 1:30pm. Ice was anywhere from 3 to 5 in. fished Rainbow bay 100 yards infront of the spillway popped 4 holes and begun fishing. Dropped down ( 35 FT) a white tube jig tipped with a piece of sucker and wham he nailed it first laker of the year through the ice, caught 11 more through out the day size ranging from 16 in. to 21 in. Nice to be on Granby before Jan. only about 10 people on the ice Saturday but with the cold weather and this report that will change very soon. Good fishing to all!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Hey Johnny o when we goin??? I have all of next week off if anybody wants to go!!! pm me if ya want!!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I might be able to go there on 12/26, but have to see if my wife is into that.  12/25-26 are the first two days we will have had to spend some time together in almost a month.  She may not be into a whole day trip.  May have to just take the new fishfinder up to Parvin or Seaman and go for some of the nice rainbows and perch up there.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Lunkerlaker, Wed is my last day @ work, then I'm off till the 9th. Man I love being a teacher ;). We'll definately be up there quite a bit, let me know what your schedule is like.

L

·
0 Posts
This wednesday? if so u punk a%$!! lucky dog i still have another week to go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fished Arapahoe bay yesterday, had the whole place to ourselves. Caught 14 in about 4 hrs. catching 30 between the 4 of us. Ice was about 5", tube jigs & shiners. ;D The fish look to be really healthy this year FAT. I'm a little worried about the limit going to 4 with no size restrictions, let the big ones go! Later

·
Registered
935 Posts
Let some of the small ones go, too, so there will be big ones in the future.

·
Registered
37 Posts
HEY CHRIS I WAS UP AT GRANDY MONDAY. FISHED RAINDOW BAY BY THE BOAT RAMP AND OFF THE POINT. CAUGHT 1 LAKER AND LOST 3 MORE FISHED 8:30 TO 2:00. YOU HADE MUCH BETTER LUCK THAN US. WE ALSO USED WHITE TUBS AND SUCKER MEAT. THAT IS ALL WE COULD GET THEM TO BITE. THE ICE LOOKS THIN WHEN YOU ARE SITTING NEXT TO THE HOLE WITH ALL THAT GEAR $$$$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts