Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know an accurate thickness I want to take snowmobile up and access backside of elephant Island?

L

·
0 Posts
Ice is a steady 7 inches as of Jan 29th. Darn cold and windy was the weather we had a total white out driving up there and back!! but the wind on the lake was round 20-30 with some gusts reaching into the 50's. That didn't slow the fish down a bit for me at least. I ended up fishin in 50 fow. White and smoke colored again tipped with sucker I caught 21 in 4 hours and my buddy only caught 1 but the only reason was cause I was jigging with 2 poles 1 in each hand and they both went off i set the hook and handed it to my buddy I can't figure out why (same bait 5 feet from me same technique no fish) Johnny019 met us up there and he had caught 14 by the time we left! How many more did u catch Mr. 019? action was stellar!! I love the early ice!!! ;D ;D

L

·
0 Posts
Biggest being 20.5 but many big ones on I had 2 snap me off like I was using hair for line. One big run so fast that they just plain snapped off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts