Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone Knows if you can camp overnight at Granby? I'd like to take my pop up camper and spend some quality time with my son. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks Ozzy I know you can camp during the summer but I'm unsure about the winter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know the stillwater campground was closed the last 2 times Ive been there , But I think If you drive over the dam to the back side of the lake theres a section that use to never close . although there might not be water . We use to use it for hunting when the rest of the campgrounds were closed . I know people have also parked at monarch lake parking lot and spent the night before , Although I think youre not suppose to camp in the parking lot .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. We'll find out this afternoon. I usually fish Rainbow cove so I planned on setting up camp and driving to our spot. How's the night fishing at Granby? I'll be sure to post the results of our trip. Thanks again.
Ozzy

·
Registered
146 Posts
We fished Granby yesterday, fishing was great in the a.m. we had our limit by 11:00. Very windy from about 10:00 on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my son and I just returned from Granby and didn't do as well as we'd hoped. We fished Sunset point Sat. from 6pm til 10pm ....NOTHING. Then this morning we fished Rainbow Cove from sun up til 11am and iced 1 small rainbow. I,ve fished this lake 7 times this year and this is the worst to date. However, just being on the lake with my boy was worth the entire weekend.I hope everyone else did well.
Oz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts