Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished granby this morning and me and my brother caught about 50 or so rainbows on lures, spawn sacks, worms, and salmon eggs we moved to dam 3 trying to find macs no luck , most of the trout were stockers but i caught afew pushing 16 inches

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
We fished Granby a from 8:30 to 10:30 Friday night, and then again from 6:30 am till 11:00 am Saturday morning. We over nighted on the boat (2 kids and 2 adults - crowded!), plus my friend mark slept in his SUV. We woke up to 3/4 inch of snow but everyone said they stayed warm.

Back to the fishing. We caught two lakers on tube jigs Friday night in Columbine bay, and Saturday morning we caught 8 lakers (the limit - 3 adults and two kids) trolling 3-4" spoons and J13 Rapalas. The red and silver or yellow and silver spoons, and a rainbow rapala worked best. We caught all the fish trolling along shore lines in less than 30 feet of water. The last 20 minutes before we had to leave we tried casting for a rainbows in the Colorado river inlet. We caught one stocker.

Here is a picture of Mark and Saturdays catch.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Talo,
I thought that was you we were coming up the ramp as you were going in.
Friday afternoon we fished from 430 til 730 I caught 5 Rainbows will my buddy was tieing on his lure caught to many to count after that silver cleo was the ticket also sile and orange kastmaster caught one nice koke 18 "
Next morning caught rainbows and 2 lakers on sucker meat.
Bigbrown and got of the lake just as gale force wind hit.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Eric,

Pete told me it was probably you I saw friday evening when we were putting in. I was kind of looking for your boat Saturday morning (you said to say hi), were you fishing the CO inlet? - there was a red lund back there catching fish.

Terre

·
Registered
281 Posts
Red lund 2 guys bowmount motor down. If so that was me. 
You got out in time, it got a little wild out there about 1 pm.
By the way that is a really nice boat.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Eric, thank you - on the boat.

I researched walk arounds for over two years before I bought this boat and motor. I'm hoping it does well for me.

I also want to get back up to Granby next weekend. A couple things "clicked" after I got home this weekend, I want to give my new ideas a try.

Terre

·
Registered
127 Posts
What are the ramps like at Granby. Is it still best to use a 4-wheel drive, or could I launch w/my motorhome? Is Stillwater usable or just sunset?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Davey,

We used sunset. The concrete blocks had a little sand on them but other than that it was fine. I don't know what the ramp at stillwater is like. I thought I saw it from the water, if I did it was high and dry.

Terre

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Glad to see others doing well at Granby-although not alot of big'uns,LOTS of action!Thats what its about.Yee-Haw!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Davey,

You can definatley launch with the motor home. Loading and unloading will be a two person operation for sure as there are no docks to tie-upto.

I'm going to try and make back up on Saturday as well, barring honey do lists.

Pete

·
Registered
418 Posts
Great news on Grandby guys!! I can always count on Grandby for action...........just wish it were a bit closer...........but if it was there would be way too many people on it. I always do well with the lakers on 3 to 4" spoons ........Cleos..........blue and silver trolled deep. I never have boated anything larger than 22 " but I`ll keep trying. One thing I`d like to improve on is rainbow and brown action. I`ve heard of worm and bobber action but I hav`nt tried it yet. Don`t know where to start there. I`ve also heard mentioned PB ........... Do you leave it on the bottom or do you suspend it............and at what depth?? Inspiration Point is almost always mentioned along with the mouth of the Colo River inlet. Has anyone flycasted from a boat??
I`m going to brave the weather Wednesday, I`ll be in a 17' SeaNymph all silver aluminum boat.....usually with the Bimini up. Stop by and see me. Thanks for the steerage !! Jeff "Racer"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts