Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe? Has anybody been fishing it?

I marked some spots this summer and like to take the sleds over there and try.

I've been "told" that the pressure ridges usually occur over at the mouth?

Any feedback would be helpful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We fish there last weekend and there was 7 to 8 inches of ice with a little snow and some spots of slush. I have ridges on differant parts of the lake at any given time. Of course anytime that you are on the ice you always need to be careful of the ice conditions no matter what lake you are on. We saw a lot of sleds running around the lake when we were there. We even seen a few of them throw gear out of there sleds being towed because of not covering there gear when they hit rough ice. We fished up in. A- bay and caught a lot of fish. No big ones but a lot of 20 inchers.

Jerry

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jerry.

What path did you take to get over to the east side?
Did you park at Sunset and drive staight line over there?
I ask because I have read reports that it was only three inches thick between the islands. Maybe thats why everybody was haulin a$$?

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got back from Gramby tonight.

Fished in and around Sunset boat ramp and as far as Fords. All the holes I cut were of about 5-6 inches of ice. Not that I stopped to cut holes between sunset peak and Fords but the ice seamed fine. The ATV with tracks in our party buzzed across fine.

There was some slush maybe three inches. There was some troubles taking off because of the very slick ice under the couple inches of snow. I was wishing there was some picks in my track.

The lake should be a peach for the tournament. That is a just pealed peach slick.

Fishing was ok but nothing great.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Checkmarks said:
Just got back from Gramby tonight.

Fished in and around Sunset boat ramp and as far as Fords. All the holes I cut were of about 5-6 inches of ice. Not that I stopped to cut holes between sunset peak and Fords but the ice seamed fine. The ATV with tracks in our party buzzed across fine.

There was some slush maybe three inches. There was some troubles taking off because of the very slick ice under the couple inches of snow. I was wishing there was some picks in my track.

The lake should be a peach for the tournament. That is a just pealed peach slick.

Fishing was ok but nothing great.
I still think people are on some serious yak for driving their snowmobiles and ATV's on that ice with how it is still.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello mark, just back from granby and the wind was howling. We fished up in a-bay and caught 12 fish today. Largest was 20 inchs and my brother lost one bigger. Years past I always fished off the end of the boat ramp at sunset point in 45 ft.of water. This year we started up in a-bay and have been catching a lot of fish. Weather permiting we plan on fishing the torny next week end. Only the weekend, we work on Friday. Chat again later.

Jerry

·
Registered
427 Posts
No info about Grand bay area.Sorry.Fished between dike 3 and inspiration today.Wind was a whippin.Hit quite a bit of slush as we headed down shoreline.8" of fresh snow on top of 4" of water on 7" of ice where we fished.Ol man headed out to check a few of our honey holes between dike 3 and rocky point, ice was sketchy and nearly got the sled stuck.Be careful and go prepared.Did see a quad cross the lake from dike 3 to south of rocky point so maybe was less slush further north of us.Good luck to you tourney guys next weekend.btw,we landed a dozen between the three of us,21" the biggest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts