Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for you, Shawn solomon.

I went to 3 places yesterday while on break at work. Taco bell, Granby, and Wolford.

Taco bell was excellent. I saw commercials for their nacho beefy whatever burritos, and naturally the fat kid in me couldn't resist. so I pulled into fraser, took break and ordered 2 of them. they were worth the 2.15 I spent for sure. the chips and cheese were the perfect mixture, although I could have gone with more beef. either way I was flatulent as all hell by the evening when I got home.

I hit up granby while on the way to walden, after doing a stop in grand lake. I pulled off at one of the many pulloff areas by the lake, hiked down and fished for 20 minutes. I threw a panther martin with white and red marks on the blade. I had several bites and 2 fish. one was a dinky little rainbow, and another was a nice porky and fat bo that probably was 13 inches. the rainbow surprisingly fought very hard and was beautifully colored, which told me he was a legit rainbow trout born and raised in lake granby, instead of a hatchery. I would have taken pictures, but if you seen one bo-bo, you seen em all.

I drove to walden, dropped off my freight and drove down 14 for the 3 and a half hour drive back to denver. when I got on 40 and drove by wolford, a wild hair popped out and I decided to take a break on the culvert going over the lake. I walked over to the lake side of the culvert (water was pretty murky) and started casting out a firetiger kasty. I didn't get hits for the first 6 casts, but then after the wind died down and I was able to get distance, I cast out and then something took the lure. it fought with vigor, so I got stoked... and I got even more stoked when I saw what it was.

after snapping a pic and tossing her back in, I immediately tried to duplicate the success, I got several hits, missed bites (I don't got that trigger finger action you need for kokes) and then poof, gone. bummed me out but that's the way it is I guess. made me sad I was at work.

It still goes to show you to always pack a pocket fisherman and lures with you, because you never know when a fishing session will happen. I'm still waiting for an easy day in sterling so I can fish those ponds outside of town...

· Registered
725 Posts
Sweet outing Goon! I hear you on the new burrito from Taco Bell, made me feel like Craig's dad on the Friday movies, "You know I got bad guts!"

Next time you may want to try some lakes west of Walden ;)! Nice job on that koke!

· Registered
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BabyHuey said:
Sweet outing Goon! I hear you on the new burrito from Taco Bell, made me feel like Craig's dad on the Friday movies, "You know I got bad guts!"

Next time you may want to try some lakes west of Walden ;)! Nice job on that koke!
Hoping for residential deliveries out that way. >:D

· Registered
208 Posts
Nice work. By the way I seen you zooming down Washington earlier today. I was going to brake check ya but figured you would see the Oklahoma plates and get scared.

· Registered
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soonerfisher said:
Nice work. By the way I seen you zooming down Washington earlier today. I was going to brake check ya but figured you would see the Oklahoma plates and get scared.
i would just rear end ya, really hard. >:D

by the way, it looked like people were setting sh*t on fire in your front yard...

· Registered
2,952 Posts
yeah Im about like you on the kokes...I bumble into em from time to time, catch one, have several hits that I mess up on, and thats that...lol.

· Registered
208 Posts
Saint Vitus said:
soonerfisher said:
i would just rear end ya, really hard. >:D

by the way, it looked like people were setting sh*t on fire in your front yard...

It was the neighbors lawnmower! They had it smoking big time

· Registered
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind replies, guys. I know I'm a dick on here a lot but it does mean a lot when I do get props, even for catching dink kokes and bo's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.