Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four of us fished Grand Lake today from 9:30am to 4:30pm. Managed 4 macks,
2 rainbows, and one Kokanee. Had good numbers of bites that didn't result in hook ups. All macks were 16 inches or less. Rainbows and Kokanee were all around 14 inches. Caught fish in 105', 70' and 15-30'. The ice on Granby is growing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
my little girl and i fished grand on wed,, we were there for a few hours befor she got to cold. wound up with 2 macks one 20 and one 18. we stoped by granby on the way by, the ice is 2" by shore and thins out fast. walked out about 20 yards befor it started cracking. if the temps stay the same we will be fishing the bay next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my little girl and i fished grand on wed,, we were there for a few hours befor she got to cold. wound up with 2 macks one 20 and one 18. we stoped by granby on the way by, the ice is 2" by shore and thins out fast. walked out about 20 yards befor it started cracking. if the temps stay the same we will be fishing the bay next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vahillbilly, I was the guy in the red hat that came over and spoke to you a few minutes on Wed. I fished your holes about an hour after you left, I picked up one 16 inch mack, you were fishing in 105' of water. It was nice talking with you, your daughter did look a little cold. It did eventually warm up and we had about an hour of sun.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Grand Lake is the deep lake in Colorado. The middle of the lake is over 200 feet deep, actually I think it goes down to 270. About five years ago the DOW stocked many 500 plus 12-15 pound brood lake trout. Some of those should be getting to be big.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
fishmohr said:
Grand Lake is the deep lake in Colorado. The middle of the lake is over 200 feet deep, actually I think it goes down to 270. About five years ago the DOW stocked many 500 plus 12-15 pound brood lake trout. Some of those should be getting to be big.
It wasn't 500. It was either 50 or 100 (I think it was 50). At the same time, the DOW put 50 from that same batch into Joe Wright and the DOW believes none of those is still alive. It's been several years since one showed up in their nets at Joe Wright. They were excess brood fish from a federal hatchery in Wyoming.

·
Registered
297 Posts
pabloesc said:
Yeah!! belive gofindyourowndamnfish he's a know it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:D
Pretty confident GFYODF can outfish you and outschool you with knowledge about the 3 lakes area or any big lake in the mountains that's populated with lake trout. ::)

·
Registered
297 Posts
pabloesc said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
pabloesc said:
Yeah!! belive gofindyourowndamnfish  he's a know it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:D
Pretty confident GFYODF can outfish you and outschool you with knowledge about the 3 lakes area or any big lake in the mountains that's populated with lake trout.  ::)
bed buddys to the rescue ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
so where's your big fish, fake poster?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Its still the 1st weekend of the new year...can we at least get out of that before everyone starts acting like aholes with each other?...isnt there a Christmas song that goes goodwill to men...ie be nice to each other?...cripeZ!...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts