Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove up to one of the Cottonwood Lakes today for a spin on the water with my pontoon. Didn't get there till around 10 and was chased off by a thundercloud around 2:30. For the four hours on the lake it was so much better than my last foray at Buckeye Lake on the LaSals. Today I was marking fish all though the water column. Lake is deepest at 44 feet and most fish were in the middle of the lake rather than along the shore lines. Water temp was right at 61 degrees the four hours I was there. Only one other boater (electric two seater) was on the lake with me.

Supposedly there are brookies, cutthroat, rainbows, and some splake in the lake but rainbows with one cutthroat were all I was able to dredge up. Want to make another trip up next week if I can work it in. Plan on using a fast sinking line to get down through the wee ones to see if I can catch one of the larger fish which I hope is a splake. Today had a hard time keeping the smaller fishies off the line before I could get to the larger ones. Hopefully the fast sink line will be the ticket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts