Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm headed to the Grand Mesa for 4 days this weekend and I'm looking for advise for a few good spots to fish from shore. I was there in July and had a great outing (9 fish in 1.5 hrs) at a relatively accessible lake but was only catching trout in the 8-12" range. I would love to get into some bigger fish.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have mapped out a few lakes but want to cross reference my research against some one who frequents the area. BTW, I fish a basic spinning reel and had success on the 3/16 oz Johnson Thinfisher last time.

PM me if you would like to speak privately, that area is a gem and I know all about the importance of keeping your spot hush-hush.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WestSloper, Thanks for the feedback. I plan to be a good contributing member of the forum but I also want to be careful about certain specific details regarding semi secret spots. Would you be willing to discuss a few specific lakes off the beaten path via PM? I have questions about two in particular and don't want to spill the beans publically

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
WestSloper, Thanks for the feedback. I plan to be a good contributing member of the forum but I also want to be careful about certain specific details regarding semi secret spots. Would you be willing to discuss a few specific lakes off the beaten path via PM? I have questions about two in particular and don't want to spill the beans publically
Shoot me a pm, I'll help you if I can...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To wrap this thread up. The trip was great, we caught about 30 fish in 2 days. Not all keepers, but that didn't matter as we were catch and release for the whole trip. Beautiful fish out there and amazing scenery. We hit 7 lakes in two days, hiking to most of them in order to get to uncrowded spots. It all paid off and I can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is anyone coming back to Denver area from Grand Mesa, more specifically driving by Grand Mesa Lodge? I left a few rods there about a month ago and have yet to get them mailed back to me. It would be greatly appreciated and some beer on me if anyone can help out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.