Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm headed to the Grand Mesa for 4 days this weekend and I'm looking for advise for a few good spots to fish from shore. I was there in July and had a great outing (9 fish in 1.5 hrs) at a relatively accessible lake but was only catching trout in the 8-12" range. I would love to get into some bigger fish.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have mapped out a few lakes but want to cross reference my research against some one who frequents the area. BTW, I fish a basic spinning reel and had success on the 3/16 oz Johnson Thinfisher last time.

PM me if you would like to speak privately, that area is a gem and I know all about the importance of keeping your spot hush-hush.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Use the search feature, with only 1 post your not going to get much help from this group. Ya got to give a little to get a little around here...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WestSloper, Thanks for the feedback. I plan to be a good contributing member of the forum but I also want to be careful about certain specific details regarding semi secret spots. Would you be willing to discuss a few specific lakes off the beaten path via PM? I have questions about two in particular and don't want to spill the beans publically

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
WestSloper, Thanks for the feedback. I plan to be a good contributing member of the forum but I also want to be careful about certain specific details regarding semi secret spots. Would you be willing to discuss a few specific lakes off the beaten path via PM? I have questions about two in particular and don't want to spill the beans publically
Shoot me a pm, I'll help you if I can...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To wrap this thread up. The trip was great, we caught about 30 fish in 2 days. Not all keepers, but that didn't matter as we were catch and release for the whole trip. Beautiful fish out there and amazing scenery. We hit 7 lakes in two days, hiking to most of them in order to get to uncrowded spots. It all paid off and I can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is anyone coming back to Denver area from Grand Mesa, more specifically driving by Grand Mesa Lodge? I left a few rods there about a month ago and have yet to get them mailed back to me. It would be greatly appreciated and some beer on me if anyone can help out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is anyone coming back to Denver area from Grand Mesa, more specifically driving by Grand Mesa Lodge? I left a few rods there about a month ago and have yet to get them mailed back to me. It would be greatly appreciated and some beer on me if anyone can help out.
Going this weekend. PM me if needed.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Don't worry Wolf, castaway is going to be great contributing member... He'll get right back to you ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts