Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anything about any of the lakes on the grand mesa? Any information is good. Also, if you can find a place that will give me information, tell it to me on this post. I want to get catching some brookies as soon as possible!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Check the DOW and State parks site for reports or here are some numbers:
Highline Lake State Park (970-858-7208)
Colorado River State Park, park manager Brad Taylor (970-434-3388) or Jim Weibel park ranger (970-858-9188)
Colorado Division of Wildlife biologist Bill Elmblad (970-255-6100)
Sportsmans warehouse in Grand Junction Ryan Schopp or Cynthia Roberts (970-243-8100)

I would start there.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help epic, I'll call sportsmans, I think they'll have the most up to date info on the lakes with ice conditions and snow conditions.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Its going to be a while TFB. The mesa received a ton of snow this year. The good thing is that they say that all lakes on the Mesa will fill this year. Hopefully they will restock the waters that were killed off by drought. Call the Grand Mesa Lakes Ranger Station at 268-5420 or the Grand Valley Ranger District Office at 242-8211 for info.

·
Registered
804 Posts
TFB it is still going to be a while. Here is a picture of Island Lake taken yesterday. Ice fishing anyone?  :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
We didn't used to be able to get in there'til the 4th of July, but the Granby lakes and Battlement lakes near Island lake had a lot of brookies, w/Battlements having the larger ones-12"-18". also a few rainbows & cutthroats. The mosquitoes are fierce though.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't wait to fish the leon lake area ;) leon had some nice brookies last year. Weir and Johnson has some nice fish too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts