Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we got to the lake at around 9am and headed back towards the inlet fished in about 35fow not exact on the depth i dont own a fish finder. started off useing a white tube with sucker with no success and then switched to spawn sacks with the same result. talked to a couple of guys on there way out and were fishing in about 12fow and they had some success with a few bows and browns useing a jig tipped with meal worms. so after a few hours we decided to try and target the bows with the same result NO FISH :( so decided to call it a day. on are way out talked to guy on a sled and he said that no body was haveing musch luck either with the exception of a lady catching a 20"mack near dike three in about 75 fow. It was my first time ice fishing and i almost crapped myself when i heard the ice make a loud creaking sound :eek:. as for the weather you couldnt ask for a better day to be out fishing no wind and sunny. so overall it was a good day to be fishing. maybe next time :-[

James

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I think 35 FOW is a little too shallow for Macks unless the structure supports it, near by drop off or humps. Structure is probably the most important thing you can find when trying to locate mackinaw. Sorry to hear about the first time out skunk, its always good to catch fish on the first trip. You never get use to all those cracking noises, but unless they shake the ice below you a little you tend to ignore them after a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts