Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Grandby yesterday and finally got this huge skunk off of me. Great day, sunshine, no wind and I finally caught my first Mack and the first time I've caught anything with a tube. Only caught one about 18" but I missed several more. 45 feet of water on a glow tube tipped with sucker meat.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I was at Granby yesterday also. Fished from 8-2 caught 5 all on glow tubes fished 70' 4 of them where caught suspended from 30' to 50' The new flasher sure works.. All these years without one and now knowing how many fish you miss because you would never know there there. One more thing about sat. cold as hell. -28 at the lake according to the truck and a bank sign in Granby was displaying the same on our way in.

·
Registered
362 Posts
We were also out at granby yesterday fishing off the dike in 65 ft of water. caught 10 macks between the 4 of us. Little 1/8 oz green walleye jig heads tipped with wax worms were the ticket. Our largest of the day was one about 20". Still haven't found the big boys this year. I geuss I'll have to try it again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was there too. Most likely fishing along side all you guys at dike 3. Started off in 35 FOW straight out from the dike. Caught one within first 5 minutes and that was it. Had a few others on and a couple of hits but pretty slow. I don't think I have ever marked as many fish at I did in the first 2 hours on the Vexilar but few takers on tube jigs and sucker meat. Moved over by the rest of the crowd off the point and lost a couple others, but all in all pretty slow after 9:30 am. Went over to Willow Creek to look for Kokonee about noon, but not much going on over there as well. Worst part of day was that it was sooo cold all our beer froze almost immediately and was parched all afternoon.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was there also with 3 other people. We fished sunset piont from 8-4 between 4 of us we caught around 30. I had to wrap my sucker up to prevent it from freezing, but fishing was good.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I was there also, similar results, yeah cold feet, and about 20 fish between littlemac and I. We cauth 4 or so in the 23 inch range. Lots of looks - not so many hits.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Looks like the fishing was pretty good. Sounds like it was another "Get Together" up there-only no one knew it! Sure wish we had a way to recognize each other out on the ice or on the water so we could talk and share instant information! Any ideas? I always ask "Are you a Colorado Fisherman?" So far I've only met one member (Old Jim) and have gotten about 15 blank stares. ??? It's kinda hard to ask everybody out there which is why an identification mark of some sort could be kinda cool. Just a thought. Looney.

·
Registered
288 Posts
How bout a big X in duct tape on your fish house for Coloradofisherman forum member ID ;D

·
Registered
688 Posts
congrats mojo! I was afraid to ask ya to go again. Didnt want the skunk to follow me!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't have to worry about a skunk when your with me fyraxe.  They seem to all jump on my back when I fish with other people.  Maybe I should stop putting skunk in heat atractent (sp) in my pockets before I leave the house! :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts