Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i decided to go and give granby a try I wanted to go to green mountain but didnt want to fight the traffic and weather to go that far, Wish i would have gone to G.M.R. anyway got to the lake. and set up just east of the dam in about 80 fow started out useing wht tube and sucker with no results after about 3 hours decided to relocate headed closer to shore to try for some trout in about 30' fow tried just about everything in my tackle bag not even a nibble ???, so i got desperate and tried powerbait and same result, so i decided to call it a day. The weather was not too bad a few snow showers here and there the ice was approx. 18in with about 5in of snow on top. I did talk to one guy who had the same luck as myself. Maybe next year i will catch my first fish through the ice, Considering there was a tourny, there were not a whole of pepole, or fish being caught for that matter.anybody got any ideas of where to go on that lake it was only my second time ice fishing so as you can tell im still in the learning process. oh by the way I have a SKUNK for sale i will make you a great deal ;)

James

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thats a bummer J.The spring tourny was held on the weekend too.Didnt talk to anybody with big catches tho.My wife & I went to Grand Lake for the "Fatter Saturday"celebration at the Lariat.What a time.Crawfish,gumbo,and ettoufee at 8400 feet. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks for sharing the good and the bad.At times i feel like everybody on here is a pro and is always sucessful,but i forgot that most fisherman dont talk about the slow days,expecally the dreaded skunk.On the positive side,another month(or less!) and the fishing will be some of the best of the year.

lyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts