1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
In Thorton at 104th Ave and Colorado Blvd

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was driving home from Gander Mountain last tuesday and decided to stop by the ponds to see if I could catch me some crappie. Upon arrival I was suprised. I never fish the front pond due to heavy pressure but did notice one thing about it. It has thousands of big tadpoles everywhere. It actually does every year but I just wanted to let everyone know so if you want free bait, go get em. I wonder if tadpoles make good bait? anyways on to the second lake. In the past I used to catch some nice sized bass and sunfish on a regular bases and seen many crappie pulled out. I thought that I was going to catch some with the new tube jigs a just bought. That pond is filthy!!!!There is only open water in the middle and the rest is covered with algae and lilys. So I thought maybe the third little pond will be okay. I used to catch lots of bluegill out of there but it wasn't going to happen this time. It is nothing but a mudhole filled with underwater vegetation, water boatmen, minnows, and a muskrat. I didn't even see one gamefish. Don't waste your time on this place, ever. DOW needs to drain the two back ponds and clean them out. Very dissappointed.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i live off 120th and colo and use to go there alot but the moss has gotten really bad i use to catch really nice crappie and bass catfish but i dont think they stock it anymore lately i;ve seen a few perch and caught a few trout and alot of big carp they definitly need to clean it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts