Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after getting blown off the lake last night i decided to beat the wind and got up at dawn to take the tube down to deweese. and low and behold even though the sun was only just hitting the lake the wind was already going after staring at the water a bit and realizing it would only get worse, i decided i wasnt going to let it ruin the day so i drove around down below the dam on grape creek and smacked a dozen or so nice browns and a few decent cuttbows on spinners and a small floatting rapala after working my way up to the dam and back i went and kicked it at the ranch for a bit and then headed down to temple canyon park and fished grape creek below the bridge. it was a little tougher as there were several fly fishers that had been molesting the fish for a while. still managed to dredge up a few browns on spinners. i decided to billy goat my way down stream at first so as to stay dry and just as i got to this nice hole i sliped 4-5ft down the rocks right into the hole fortunatly i didnt drop anything and managed to stay on my feet so i was only wet to just above my knees. as you may have gussed no fish from that hole. but now i was wet and that made it easyer to fish the crick. i headed back fairly soon as all the good holes and runs had recently been pressured. passed thru canon city and resupplied at wallyworld and headed for brush hollow but stopped by blue heron to see if i could make some bait. the ponds are quite low right now and that made it easyer to toss the net but no real luck just a big tadpole a few tiny minnows and some aquatic insects. finnaly got to the hollow, went in on the boat ramp side and pretty much went strieght down to the water stared tossing a small rapala and worked my way to the north end and noticed some baitfish jumping so i made a few tosses with the net, first toss bagged 20 or so nice baits and then i got a couple small gills. then i tossed a small panther a few times and caught a nice fat bass about 13" or so but no crappie so with some fresh dead bait i rigged up a slip rig and tossed out a line for cats as the sun went down. set the second rod up with a lighted bober and a small power grub and hoped some crappie might swim by. had a few hits on the minow so i set the second rod up with a minow also and after many bites i finaly hooked up and to my dismay it was just another bass about 14-15" nice and fat also but since the cats and crappie wernt cooperating i called it a night

all in all a good day trout and bass and some good bait in the net spring is shapping up well

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts