Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the market for a new jerkbait rod, found several jerkbait specific rods, all had good reviews and all right in the same price range (around $150). What I found interesting was of the three each is different material, one graphite, one carbon fiber, and one glass. I thought the only glass rods around were crank bait rods and salt water... I've had a carbon fiber rod and ,of course graphite. But I've never had a glass rod, except an ugly stick : P . I guess I have some idea already but I thought it was interesting topic for a thread. So my question is what is are the advantages and disadvantages of each material?

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Graphite and carbon fiber are the same thing. A jerkbait stick normally has some give to it, but not nearly as much as a crankin' stick. I would say stay with the carbon fiber/graphite rods and you'll be better off sensitivity-wise.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
tbh i don't know..... i think my shimano is graphite...
im looking for another jb rig myself eventually. can never have enough... right now i have a abu garcia verdict 6 6 great rig.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Graphite and carbon fiber are the same thing. A jerkbait stick normally has some give to it, but not nearly as much as a crankin' stick. I would say stay with the carbon fiber/graphite rods and you'll be better off sensitivity-wise.
Yes, Graphite IS Carbon Fiber! As a Kite Flier, we use carbon rods in almost everything, and Yes, they can carry electricity too!

Colorado wind don't blow, it SUCKS, so back to Fishin' as the Hobby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts