Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the north platte in the Alcova area and did well.I was using a Loomis 3wt and caught many bos including a 7 lber and a 6 lber both were 25".Saw a guy catch a weighed 13 lber among he and his kids 40 or 50 bos on saturday.We were using red brassie type things and nuclear eggs in chartreuese. Egg pattern on dropper.It was a blast.Later-

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The biggest one took about 15mins. I had to walk backwards to shore and either beach 'em or have my bro net 'em for me.I think maybe the 6wt next time.

D

·
0 Posts
Awesome, Slayerfish!! Were those fish on redds? Were you sightfishing them? Either way, that is one gorgeous 'bow.

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could see fish everywhere,but I never actually saw one take my fly.Some of the fish were caught in 12" of water.There were lots of fish on the redds,but the spawn is really winding down.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Slayer,

Nice fish, you like to make me feel bad don't you? Even if you aren't trying you are succeeding. Well, keep it up, I am just gonna pout for a while. Glad someone is having a good spring!

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Now THAT'S a Beauty!

Slayer,

I think you've just been nominated as ColoradoFisherman.com's "Trout King" of the Year!! Lol! Consider this as my vote! Great goin!!

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually you would see I was answering Tom's question if you could see past that higher than thou nose you got .I have nothing against fly-fisherman,just those(and there are many) who who look upon other types of fisherman with dissatisfaction.And you know who you are!Nothing personal,dude.Later-

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey tomcat,they should have left your post on here,wonder why they dumped it? After all,this is america and we can agree to disagree cant we?

T

·
0 Posts
i deleted it. just thought it was not worth having any others join in on our difference of views. i was satisfied with slayers response.

·
Registered
281 Posts
SLAYER,
We killed them on saterday at pathfinder nothing that big though. how did you make out sunday in the wind, I left my boat at the campground and went to the mile.

·
Registered
16,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey stuccoman,shoulda went downstream instead of upstream.We left early on sunday,about 1030am and the weather was still great then.How was the mile fishing?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Slayer I beleive your response to what part of the river you where fishing was deleted, only asking because heading up there 5/5

1 - 20 of 21 Posts