Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of mixed reviews about Sixgill Fishing Rods/Reels...

Late Winter I decided to purchase 2x of the Lykan series to see for myself. I bought the 7'3"MH Casting Rod and the 7'M Spinning Rod...The 7'M quickly became my favorite All Purpose rod! Sensitive enough for panfish and strong enough to pull in carp/catfish! I go into detail about the stats of the rod in the video and also my opinions of why I think so highly of this fishing rod!

Hope you guys enjoy the review and also hope this helps with a future fishing purchase!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great review Tyler. A bit expensive for me. I go cheap and dirty on my spinning gear (ugly stick) and spend a bit more on my fly and ice rods. That said I am mostly a flailer these days. My most expensive fly rod setup is around 500 bucks for reel line and rod. My spinning gear setup is about 90 bucks total.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great review Tyler. A bit expensive for me. I go cheap and dirty on my spinning gear (ugly stick) and spend a bit more on my fly and ice rods. That said I am mostly a flailer these days. My most expensive fly rod setup is around 500 bucks for reel line and rod. My spinning gear setup is about 90 bucks total.
The Ugly Stiks have been my long go-to's...Love the GX2 Model...All of us were using various versions of that. This year I decided to try out a more expensive rod to see if it made a difference and it really does. Hard to go back to anything else now unless I'm just cranking hahaha. Next thing I need to look into for maybe next year is a nicer fly rod/reel setup. Appreciate the comment though about the review! Tried to make it a good one😀🎣

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Ugly Stiks have been my long go-to's...Love the GX2 Model...All of us were using various versions of that. This year I decided to try out a more expensive rod to see if it made a difference and it really does. Hard to go back to anything else now unless I'm just cranking hahaha. Next thing I need to look into for maybe next year is a nicer fly rod/reel setup. Appreciate the comment though about the review! Tried to make it a good one😀🎣
Several years ago I had a higher end G Loomis rod. Took it out on Union reservoir in my Canoe, drank way too much whiskey and proceeded to try some dumbass manuver and ended up dumping the canoe with me and my buddy overboard. He recovered his gear, I did not, lol. I still get crap from him about that today, haha. Haven't spent a lot of money on spinning rods ever since.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Several years ago I had a higher end G Loomis rod. Took it out on Union reservoir in my Canoe, drank way too much whiskey and proceeded to try some dumbass manuver and ended up dumping the canoe with me and my buddy overboard. He recovered his gear, I did not, lol. I still get crap from him about that today, haha. Haven't spent a lot of money on spinning rods ever since.
Sounds crazy haha! Understandable though about not wanting to get more expensive gear after losing it like that...My buddy and I have a similar story but luckily we recovered all of our gear. We flipped my canoe 2 years ago in the middle of Harvey Gap and swam back to shore with it lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You lost me at the pricetag. I'll stay with Ugly Stik. I have tried more expensive rods, they feel better, but I have broke them. They lack durability. They were more expensive than the Ugly Stik but still under a hundred. Great review though, I just can't drop that kind of cash on a rod.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Shimano Compre. Good enough IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts