Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alot of people on the ice today. Ice is about 8" with snowpack. Slushy where ur fishing by noon. There is about 8 feet of open water infront of the swimbeach due to a pump pushing water in. Today we fished 30ish fow and the action was slow. It was hard to mark fish but persistance pays off at this spot. When the fish came in they hit. The perch was early morning. The trout throughout the morning. They wernt in groups. Just singles, no pattern to them at all, all the fish i marked were at all different feet. I did have a school of 3 big marks at about 5fow but they were gone faster than i could reel up. My ticket was a salmo today.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It came in solo and followed my salmo for a couple minutes before lighly hitting. I shook it, made him chase it, dropped it past him, violently jigged it 3 feet above him, then i got sick of it and i just let it sit and the second it stopped he hit. Then the little bastage got off right at the hole, i swan dove glove in the hole tippin my vex, spillin my soda. But who cares right. Landed him!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well worth it!

Ya know after hearing that I have to wonder if I had some underneath me today. I marked 3 fish on the vex at one time. Jigged, stopped, jigged...Did about everything then I felt a light tick and they were gone, couldn't find whatever it was after that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts