Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to go pike fishing for the past couple of weeks but the weather hasn't been too cooperative..Woke up this morning checked the weather report for south park...saw rain by one o'clock. Looked at Pueblo..mid 70's...wasn't supposed to rain. It was a no brainer.

Fishing was fantastic. I had my limit by 10:30 and had boated more than 30 eyes and a half dozen smallies. By the end of the day I'd managed 65 to 75 eyes with 12 between 18 and 21 inches. Got another dozen smallies along the way. I have to say both the smallies and eyes are fatter this year..they're eating well.

It was great getting out and seeing that blue sky...other than a short disturbance around 4:00..couldn't have asked for better weather.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Sweet! Now that IS a good day!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also..that's why you don't trust accuweather when it comes to fishing..Today was supposed to be poor for fishing.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Also..that's why you don't trust accuweather when it comes to fishing..Today was supposed to be poor for fishing.
Haha! I don't use accuweather. But I get your point: just get out and fish when you can.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
hey Hobie, I can't fish right now and wont likely get to for a couple more weeks.. I'm right down the road from the North Marina, let me know if you catch a couple keepers you don't "need" lol :wink:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Hobie you are on FIRE sir!!!

Keep it up man

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
nice stringer of death, good looking quality eaters there! slayer? slayer who ? no lake powell walleye report yet........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts