Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a great trip to Florida. I swear every puddle of water has fish alligators or both in Florida. In fact the more alligators...the better the fishing. Had a great trip and caught a bunch of fish. But alas it was back to Colorado. Hit up North Catamont right after we got back and had a great day catching fifty to sixty 15 to 20 inch lakers in about four hours. Water temps were 46 degrees. Always have fun at that lake. A real hoot, but I needed to take a trip with a buddy to get my Colorado warm water fix. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Very little wind water temps 66 degrees and many eager fish. Both of us had a blast.

Started out fishing for cats. Ended up with seventeen. The bite was still hot but two coolers were full to the brim and we still wanted some crappie. So after first stopping to catch a few saugeyes to add to the take, we hit up the crappie. Two hours of crappie fishing and we had caught more than fifty. Most in the 12 to 13 inch range. Kept our forty.

Gotta say it was a great day to get out with a long time buddy and it was good being back in Colorado.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Nothing beats fishing with friends... except catching with friends!! You get any peacock bass out in FL?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nice "tailgate o death"!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks guys. It was a good day out. Ricky, peacock bass, hooked a couple, but not landed. Spent five days in Naples and five in Miami. I was going to fish the Miami canals for them but we spent all of our time on the beaches instead swimming and playing. While in Naples, we stayed in a friends patio home on a golf course. I'd fish an hour every morning and evening in the pond behind the house. Must have caught forty or fifty Large mouths between four and eight pounds. I also took off for a day and fished the Tamiami canal. Loaded with fish from Miami to Tampa. Drove 175 miles round trip just fishing the canal along the highway. Saw a couple of guys fishing along the road. So I turned around and struck up a conversation. They took me fishing in their spots for the next three or four hours. Great guys. must have caught a hundred and fifty fish snook, tarpon, only hooked not landed, gar, bass, red taii cats, oscars, warmouths, guadelope jaguars, Ciclids, and Bowfins.

Nice guys. New friends.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wow, Hobie... Awesome on both fronts!

The Florida trip sounds like it was awesome though!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Great stuff Hobie, thanks for sharing, I really do appreciate your reports!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha...careful. My hat size is already extra gargantuan. I think the only person with a bigger noggin than me is zman. Just have always loved fishing and have been lucky enough to have had the time over the years to travel around the state pursuing a passion.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
haha...careful. My hat size is already extra gargantuan. I think the only person with a bigger noggin than me is zman.
I don't know Dave, my melon is 7 7/8. Yer head just has so much useful fishing info in it. Mine is more like a hat rack. lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts