Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a day mid-week and had a perfect day @ WF. Weather was overcast but warm, didn't even put on my coat till the wind picked up @ noon. Caught 26 lakers, largest being 21in. on the standard laker fare. Only 2 dead sticked. All others you had to work. Most fish in 48ft of water, but got at least 10 cruising through @ 18ft. Man is it a blast raising your offering and hitting suspending fish. Caught a lot on a silver buckshot, tipped with sucker. things got slow for a bit mid day, so I put on some of that shad I got @ CC and they LOVED it!

Was my 1st time using an actual Laker rod, DG 36in. split handle, and I really think it greatly helped my hook sets, since I only lost a couple fish bringing them up. (or they were just really hungry :)

Felt good getting into a bunch of fish! It's been awhile.
Very little snow, walk was easy & I could park where I wanted too ;)

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Nice and off of the Bucksnort Spoons of all things. That was one spoon that doesn't catch **** for me . Sounds like the hills are really the only option now for ice fishing.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice! You did better than us a couple of weeks ago.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Good job Johnny!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
433 Posts
A group is supposed to get together up there the 28th. Guy that tells me I should join him/them. Sounds like where he likes to go is a pretty long walk. Any guesses how long fishable ice lasts up there ?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
A group is supposed to get together up there the 28th. Guy that tells me I should join him/them. Sounds like where he likes to go is a pretty long walk. Any guesses how long fishable ice lasts up there ?
Ice should still be good. It's almost always a long walk, unless the dirt trails are good and you can park close. I've never been that lucky. Got stuck in the snow once with another guy trying to plow through the snow to get closer...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We usually fish between here and Granby 3 or 4 times during spring break (3rd week of March) and ice is just fine. Think I fished both of those 2, the 1st week of April last year.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts

Well into April. I've icefished it almost into May some seasons. When everyone is on that Walleye tip in the metro area, williams fork fishing gets awesome.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Well into April. I've icefished it almost into May some seasons. When everyone is on that Walleye tip in the metro area, williams fork fishing gets awesome.
Well duh ice or open water Moses of Cherry Creek Sinai?!...lol

Great job the JohnnyTheLakernator!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Very nice day fishing. Is parking limited to the main lot or is the campground/picnic next to the main lot area plowed and open?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts