Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took a day mid-week and had a perfect day @ WF. Weather was overcast but warm, didn't even put on my coat till the wind picked up @ noon. Caught 26 lakers, largest being 21in. on the standard laker fare. Only 2 dead sticked. All others you had to work. Most fish in 48ft of water, but got at least 10 cruising through @ 18ft. Man is it a blast raising your offering and hitting suspending fish. Caught a lot on a silver buckshot, tipped with sucker. things got slow for a bit mid day, so I put on some of that shad I got @ CC and they LOVED it!

Was my 1st time using an actual Laker rod, DG 36in. split handle, and I really think it greatly helped my hook sets, since I only lost a couple fish bringing them up. (or they were just really hungry :)

Felt good getting into a bunch of fish! It's been awhile.
Very little snow, walk was easy & I could park where I wanted too ;)

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A group is supposed to get together up there the 28th. Guy that tells me I should join him/them. Sounds like where he likes to go is a pretty long walk. Any guesses how long fishable ice lasts up there ?
We usually fish between here and Granby 3 or 4 times during spring break (3rd week of March) and ice is just fine. Think I fished both of those 2, the 1st week of April last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.