Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'm not a fisherman, I'm a whitewater rafter, but I have a friend I would like to take fishing on the Ark with my raft. I don't know what sections would be good and with the low fall flow if it's a good idea (don't want to spook the fish). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Brown's Canyon, "The Milk Run" (Railroad Bridge to Fisherman's Bridge), Stone Bridge to Salida, and then there's a bunch from Salida down that are good as well that I'm not familiar with.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Hey man, The section from Salida downtown (there is a put in there) to Rincon is a nice long float. It takes about 5 hours to complete with lower flows. That is a great stretch for dry flies until about October 15. After that, nymphing under a big dry will work. Work the edges, in the soft pockets of water.

If you want to shorten the float down to about 4 hours, you cans put in at Salida East. If you need more detail on where the put in or take out is, hit me up on PM.

One other thing, Under about 400 CFS, and the ARK is kinda lame to float... just too bony and you float over the top of where most of the fish are holding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts