Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you haven't heard, the kokanee fishing is the best it has been in years at Eleven Mile. Went 4 times last week and limited out every time in anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. The fish are concentrated in the channel out from Deer Island. Long walk from Witcher's but worth it. Had best luck on White Swedish Pimple with orange stripe ... but they were hitting pink tube jigs as well. Biggest problem is the wind so get there early before it reaches its peak.

·
Registered
935 Posts
GrWhite said:
Hope your eating these. The possession limit is 10!
Smoke'em. Then use them for koke sandwiches, koke salad sandwiches, koke skewers, koke in a blanket, koke omelets, koke hash, koke casserole, koke & crackers, koke chowder, koke....

·
Registered
117 Posts
i fished that spot last monday, plan on hittin this weekend. They look like tornados of kokes when they pass 15-20 under the hole. Truly AMAZING

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cutthroat said:
Smoke'em.  Then use them for koke sandwiches, koke salad sandwiches, koke skewers, koke in a blanket, koke omelets, koke hash, koke casserole, koke & crackers, koke chowder, koke.... 
Like the bubba Gump koke Company

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I love how kokanee taste, even if I'm not exactly an expert on catching them (read that as I suck at catching them) :p :D. I would have no problem consuming 10 in a week, heck even a couple days. I love fish, but walleye and kokes are at the top of the list!
Great report I can't wait to give it a try at big blue this weekend if the laker fishing gets slow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cooking with Cedar Planks is a great way to cook any fish.

As Recipe States Make sure the Planks are untreated, Do not get Cedar shake shingles (Roofing Material).

Its all good. :D

·
Registered
935 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
I love how kokanee taste, even if I'm not exactly an expert on catching them (read that as I suck at catching them) :p :D. I would have no problem consuming 10 in a week, heck even a couple days. I love fish, but walleye and kokes are at the top of the list!
Great report I can't wait to give it a try at big blue this weekend if the laker fishing gets slow.
Amen! I guess one of my goals for this year would be to get more proficient at catching kokes.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
raynman said:
Cooking with Cedar Planks is a great way to cook any fish.

As Recipe States Make sure the Planks are untreated, Do not get Cedar shake shingles (Roofing Material).

Its all good. :D
I guess I can quite telling my neighbor that the squirrels are taking his shingles........

Dan

·
Registered
288 Posts
don't use old fence boards either. Don't bother purchasing the planks they have at gourmet food places; they are wicked expensive and just the same as you can get at home depot. just make sure they are un treated and cut em to size!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts