Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a new auger so old one is getting sold. Its an Eskimo that runs very strong. 41 or 49cc Don’t have to push down or take all friggen day to drill holes like so many Strikemasters that seem to take 3 minutes a hole. Comes with BRAND NEW 8” Auger, never seen ice. Not blades but whole new drill assembly. Runs great. Needs new spark plug boot. Been this way for 3 years….. not a big deal at all.
I’ll get some pics up tomorrow

$250 OBO

New Price $175 OBO

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add, I have a dirt auger bit that goes with it as well. Worked great for fence posts, deck footings etc.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Damn I didn't even see that, thanks! I should have bought the 10" with the new one. I run a 9". Oh well.

Whats your offer? LOL

I'll offer you a box of Twinkies.......your rotund self can't pass up a deal like that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just a heads up: When an auger requires you to push down in order to cut the head has been smacked and the angel has been distorted where the blades mount. I learned this the very expensive and hard way. Don't drill out old holes, smack on ice to remove ice from head or hit the head in anyway, shape or fashion. I think it cost me $150.00 approx. to cure my problem.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a heads up: When an auger requires you to push down in order to cut the head has been smacked and the angel has been distorted where the blades mount. I learned this the very expensive and hard way. Don't drill out old holes, smack on ice to remove ice from head or hit the head in anyway, shape or fashion. I think it cost me $150.00 approx. to cure my problem.
did you buy a new auger bit?
seems like 90% of the strikemasters have this problem. could be bad blades too.

To be clear, this eskimo DOESN'T have this problem.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Sharpened my chipper blades on my eskimo the other day and it cuts great again..
Hadn't touched them in 5 years..don't know how long they'd been on before that.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sharpened my chipper blades on my eskimo the other day and it cuts great again..
Hadn't touched them in 5 years..don't know how long they'd been on before that.
on my 9" drill I'm not selling, I'm going on at least 5 years, they sure cut well for a long time.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yes I bought a new head. The blades were the same as when it wouldn't cut without leaning on it. With the new head it cut really fast. I sold that auger as I had purchased a new Strikemaster with the Honda engine/10"..wish I had kept the 8" Solo it cut a little faster.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I bought a new head. The blades were the same as when it wouldn't cut without leaning on it. With the new head it cut really fast. I sold that auger as I had purchased a new Strikemaster with the Honda engine/10"..wish I had kept the 8" Solo it cut a little faster.
New head? As in power head? Or auger drill?

Either way, perhaps your advice will help someone not too eff up their ice auger.... Thanks.

Now who wants this?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'll trade you three tacos with feta cheese sprinkled on top.

so far that's the best offer :biggrin1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts