·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The National Geographic article has a great non-biased view of the whole thing: both for and against the purposed mine. But I, certainly, tend to have those same feelings Jason.

D.J.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I support it, it would create lots of jobs and the environment is something that's meant to be destroyed anyways. those liberals are stupid to deny this.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
anybody who likes to fish should be against this proposed mine, that is the best salmon area in the world, lots of places they can put a mine, but they can't replace the salmon run once they screw it up.

·
Registered
297 Posts
captain shuyak said:
anybody who likes to fish should be against this proposed mine, that is the best salmon area in the world, lots of places they can put a mine, but they can't replace the salmon run once they screw it up.
why? the salmon will cope and we will just plant them somewhere else. I love fishing and nature, but we need the jobs and the resources we will utilize from that mine. I love fishing but humanity is more important than salmon.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
The project has been around for many years. In my opinion Prebble can be mined in an environmentally sensitive manner. You-all are being swayed by the writing and opinion of experienced (talented) environmenatlists writers. I have been involved with many projects in environmentally sensitive areas, including Greens Creek in Admiralty Island National Monument.

Contrary to popular opinion, mines are where you find them. They create jobs, and are one of 4 sources of new wealth for a nation (natural resources, agriculture, forestry, and fishing) All other wealth is dirived from the other sources. Anyone that thinks solar power, wind power, or hydropower don't have impacts is misinformed. Everyone who thinks thier green electic car is electric is misinformed- it is 75% coal, oil, or natural gas powered with a large energy conversion loss.

At the end of the day mining provides a means for us to exist on this planet. Without mining we would have to till a massive amount of the worlds surface to feed it, and at the end of the day, we would not have a way to till the soil, or even put a roof over our head.

Why is it that all you new "green environmentalists" think we should mine all the resources from other countries, and not develop our own resources in a responsible manner?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TAL0362 said:
The project has been around for many years. In my opinion Prebble can be mined in an environmentally sensitive manner. You-all are being swayed by the writing and opinion of experienced (talented) environmenatlists writers. I have been involved with many projects in environmentally sensitive areas, including Greens Creek in Admiralty Island National Monument.

Contrary to popular opinion, mines are where you find them. They create jobs, and are one of 4 sources of new wealth for a nation (natural resources, agriculture, forestry, and fishing) All other wealth is dirived from the other sources. Anyone that thinks solar power, wind power, or hydropower don't have impacts is misinformed. Everyone who thinks thier green electic car is electric is misinformed- it is 75% coal, oil, or natural gas powered with a large energy conversion loss.

At the end of the day mining provides a means for us to exist on this planet. Without mining we would have to till a massive amount of the worlds surface to feed it, and at the end of the day, we would not have a way to till the soil, or even put a roof over our head.

Why is it that all you new "green environmentalists" think we should mine all the resources from other countries, and not develop our own resources in a responsible manner?
I figured you would have a great take on this...well said.

D.J.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Some things just don't make sense and building a mine in the most pristine and best salmon area in the world doesn't, ask any other sportsman or commercial fisherman from Alaska what they think about it and no they can't just replant salmon and get anything close to a natural run. Put mines all over this country just not there.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
We could offset the possible loss of Salmon by removing the dams on the Columbia river and using nuclear energy.
This would reestablish the Salmon, Steel Head and Sturgeon migrations.
I agree mines are where we find them.
Alaska and Colorado were built on mining.
As we regulated out mining we have lost jobs and means to create wealth. Now we have a hard time maintaining what infrastructure we have.
If we allow the Pebble mine to be built and plan for protecting the fish runs all would be better.
Its not a perfect world.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Jighead said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
I support it, it would create lots of jobs and the environment is something that's meant to be destroyed anyways. those liberals are stupid to deny this.
This is the reason we have schools
I also feel that if we legalized cannibalism, we would quickly end world hunger.

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
F.F Woodycooks said:
Jighead said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
I also feel that if we legalized cannibalism, we would quickly end world hunger.
So volunteer, be the first to be cannabalized....

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
beadheadred said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
Jighead said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
So volunteer, be the first to be cannabalized....
Soylant Green!!! Mmmm Mmm Good!!!!
;) fixed!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts