Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Jay-I looked at this site for 20 minutes and was not able to find one negative review. Whats more, I could not find one single negative comment. I'm pretty sure this is called advertising. It does allow you to look at a lot of different stuff but it doesn't really tell you anything because it likes everything.

Not trying to be negative or judgemental here but isn't it obvious they're just trying to push product. Ed

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed Marcol said:
Not trying to be negative or judgemental here but isn't it obvious they're just trying to push product. Ed

I noticed the same thing but I thought maybe they only posted good products and did away with the bad ones?

-Jay

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I did notice they review mostly higher end stuff. If you got the money they got some great toys. ;D Kinda brings out the little kid at Xmas in me. Ed

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ed Marcol,

You've caught on to it! I studied the Tackle Tour site and came to the same conclusion you did. They ignore some reliable brand name gear that can be purchased for lower prices, and promote more expensive, high-tech gear. Anyone accepting this info as "gospel" is going to be massively short-changed. This is an advertiser's haven, that skimps on very useful facts.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Nawanda-There were elixer salemen in the old west that were promising to cure arthritis with their secret potion-which was nothing more than 180 proof alcohol. I imagine if you drank the bottle you would feel better. ;D So none of this should come as a surprise. The ones that really get me are the pros who tell you how to fish a lure and say-"I throw this bait on my 6'6"IM8 G Loomis Bronzeback rod with a Shimano Sahara reel spooled with 14 lb. Suffix line wearing my Ray Ban glasses. Standing up in my 20'6" Nitro powered by my Mercury 225 HP optimax and using my Minn Kota auto pilot trooling motor blah, blah, blah ,blah.

It kind of tickles when they blow smoke up my butt. :) Ed

·
Registered
440 Posts
Uh....yeah Ed, but....wouldn't the Ray Ban Sunglasses make the difference?

Er...that Snake Oil Remedy.....I bought 11 cases; er....how much did you buy?

At least I didn't feel any pain! LOL

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Nawanda-Like most guys I bought enough to make the girls look prettier at closing time. ;) Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts