Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
I undrstand what you're saying now and thanks again for the clarification!!! ;D

I wish I had more patterns to share, but I usually just end up using the standard stuff like Black Beauties, Mercury Midges and small Pheasant Tails. 

· Registered
271 Posts
I read in one of your earlier posts that you like to use peacock herl at the head of your black beauties, but have you ever tried using olive brown ice dub as a substition? I only mention it because the ice dub seems to be a little more durable then peacock. I love using peacock in my flies, but man that stuff falls apart after pretty easily.

· Registered
271 Posts
Yeah you sure are right about the ice dub variations. It's amazing how the the same dubbing can differ so much between each package.

Is there really such a thing as too many materials??

I fully understand about the need for peacock because there are some patterns that just don't look the same without it. For example Prince and Zug Bugs just do not look right without peacock. Plus there is just something about peacock that just adds that "it" to every pattern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.