Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so without a doubt, the greatest all-time fishing movie was that....one movie, you know, with all that neat ...narration about the Words in the water, or under the stones, or something about the Creation. I mean, that's okay for a TOP fishing movie candidate. Most will pick that.

But my greatest all time fishing movies are about fishing the OCEAN.

So here they are:

#1 "CAPTAINS COURAGEOUS" with Lionel Barrymore as Capt. "Disco"

and

#2 "THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA" with Spencer Tracy as the Cuban fisherman.

Actually, even a movie with just a single Fishing Scene could count as a really great fishing movie, because there just aren't that many of them. Can you believe it? One of the greatest of all American pastimes, and Hollywood hardly Knows or cares that we exist out here in the Heartland. :D That ain't right!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
A River Runs Through It and Old Man And The Sea. Ed

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I like:
Perfect Storm
River Runs Through It
Gumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men
Gone Fishing (this movie is about me and my buddy :p)
All the Jaws
and Cheesy Home Videos (Primus documentry but they are fishing the whole time)

·
Registered
60 Posts
-Theodora Goes Wild, about 1937. Fishing's a minor part of the movie, but it's a good and funny movie.

Pretty sure that it's Irene Dunne doing her own fly casting with a real soft bamboo rod. She's pretty good and certainly makes the close-ups of Brad Pitt and Craig Sheffer in A River... look ridiculous. Those guys don't look like they could cast to the other end of a bathtub. The stunt doubles are a different story, of course.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
The original Jaws and On Golden Pond...

The big trout Norman named Walter after Norman's brother in law...because they were both big fat and lazy...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts