Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a little help. I moved from Michigan recently and really have no idea where to fish at all. In Michigan you can drive 5 minutes in any direction and find a good fishing hole. ;) however here I'm not really sure where is good to fish. I've found a few small parks such as bittersweet, glen mere, and riverside, but considering those are all in the city I'm not entirely sure if they'd be good places to fish?

I'm also not opposed to leaving greeley and going to Loveland, ft.collins area as well. In fact in the next few weeks I hope to make a trip to carter lake reservoir and Windsor lake.

Any suggestions on where to go is helpful!! Thanks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey Kell5232,
Welcome to Colorado Fisherman (CF). You'll find lots of great information on the site. Make sure you use the search section for more information.
Being from Michigan myself I can so relate to good fishing being in your backyard, but here in Colorado, that backyard is usually a 30 minute to 4 hour drive.
You already mention the best lakes to drive to in your area. Boyd, Carter, Housetooth, Jackson should all be within your area. It also helps in Colorado if you have a boat. And be ready for major wind when you're out on the water.
Great to have you with our site, and look forward to your reports. :smile:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I 2nd what Catfish Al said! Being from the midwest myself I find up north/Longmont area to be my as as mentioned. You will have to put your work in atmost lakes. Some byte better then others during certain periods of the year pendin what your targeting.

Good luck and wecome to the forum

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think you got Prewitt about an hour away also. Lonetreee, Lonhagler, Bodecker. A couple more. The poudre and big thompson rivers are good for trout. Check regs all these lakes have different ones, although most follow general state rules.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys! I'll probably be going fishing next week as soon as I get some time without work.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Three hours North, East, or South will put you on good fishing for walleye.

North - Glendo in Wyoming
East - Lake McConaughey in Nebraska (aka Big Mac)
South - Pueblo Lake

You from the UP? You gonna go oot in da boot or do you shore fish? ;D:biggrin1:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Three hours North, East, or South will put you on good fishing for walleye.

North - Glendo in Wyoming
East - Lake McConaughey in Nebraska (aka Big Mac)
South - Pueblo Lake

You from the UP? You gonna go oot in da boot or do you shore fish? ;D:biggrin1:
Haha, thanks for the help!

and to answer your question, alot of times I fish from shore but then again my fiancee and I splurge sometimes and rent a boat to take. Personally I prefer renting the boat but in the end I really dont mind either. :) I just love fishing, its almost like a therapy type of thing for me so no matter where I fish I dont mind! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts