Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine said He heard that a 45 Lb Mac was caught at GM on Monday... The Guy kept it for a mount...:'(
Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
If its true I rest my case/rant!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If its true I rest my case/rant!
Yep. The guy had never fished GM and was on CF saw my reports that repeaditly say that the big ones are few and far berween so he rushed over to GM to get a big one for the wall. Its my fault Z. I killed that fish.
He's not an egotistical prick like me so he hasn't got back on the forum or on exploiter to show it off.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Just a matter of time...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
nice the power of the internet and internet HEROS! Stroke that EGO again internet PROS.....oh yeah LOOK AT ME..........

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Someone killed a big fish? Holy hell, when did this disturbing trend start?

Seriously, it will never end. Everyone is not like us, it is what it is. The sooner we assimilate this fact, the better our collective blood pressure will be.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You guys are funny. A guy gets on here and said he heard a rumor of I big fish caught and killed and was asking if its true. Nobody at this point can verify. Suddenly the reason for the fish that we dont know was even caught was caught because of the power of the internet and Zman rests his case that he sent my via PM on it. On the brighter side I can tell you a **** tone of trophy Lakers have been saved due to the information people get off the internet from the fisherman. You guys are to negative man. Bobco, when its all said and done I will be more proud of myself, or feel more like a hero not not because of the limited amount of my fishing that i share on the internet. But when i look back at how hard I've always tried to make fishing better at my local fisheries. If and when we see reg changes at GM to protect trophy macs, or if and when we see reg changes to protect trophy browns at Dillon. I'll be pretty dam proud.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The internet isn't going anywhere.... I'm willing to bet some of the guys that get pissed off on this forum about locations being posted also used to get just as pissed off when the Rocky Mountain News ran a story about one of their fishing holes. We don't live in an area with 10,000 lakes and we don't live in a time where information is hard to come by. Anyone that wants to target lake trout can get online and look at Master Angler lists, interactive maps, articles, blogs, etc... Or they can look up a guide and see what body of water they fish for lake trout. Fact of the matter is if anyone is heading out looking for trophy lake trout Green Mountain wouldn't be top 5 on their list even with a few forum posts. As far as interwebs are concerned I've seen more big lake trout come out of a few tiny bodies of water than I have GM.

Wishing the internet away isn't going to change anything...

·
Registered
427 Posts
The internet isn't going anywhere.... I'm willing to bet some of the guys that get pissed off on this forum about locations being posted also used to get just as pissed off when the Rocky Mountain News ran a story about one of their fishing holes. We don't live in an area with 10,000 lakes and we don't live in a time where information is hard to come by. Anyone that wants to target lake trout can get online and look at Master Angler lists, interactive maps, articles, blogs, etc... Or they can look up a guide and see what body of water they fish for lake trout. Fact of the matter is if anyone is heading out looking for trophy lake trout Green Mountain wouldn't be top 5 on their list even with a few forum posts. As far as interwebs are concerned I've seen more big lake trout come out of a few tiny bodies of water than I have GM.

Wishing the internet away isn't going to change anything...
True,true.But, stating the obvious here for those who've forgotten, trip reports just put more pressure on given body of water.Moral of story, lake trout reports are no good for lake trout.

If somebody wants to promote conservation, do it under general fishing section, blogs, whatever.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Geez.... I didn't mean to stir up THIS kind of a "Hornets" nest...
I thought it was ridiculous to kill a fish like that also...
What I heard is the Guy thought it was a State record... so, he ran it into City Market in Dillon to weigh it...
They told Him no way, cause of health dept laws...
So he supposedly packed it in snow and drove to Denver...
It now is in His freezer.... what a shame...
Just second hand story from a friend of a friend...
If Ya know Me.... You know how I feel about killing trophy fish....

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Right now,GM is far from one of the top lake trout fisheries in Colorado and is not a hidden gem stacked with big ones that is lessor known. Its good lake for me to use to spread my love for the lake trout. It needs regulation changes and it needs to be known by the powers at be that when it comes to fishing the cold/mountain reservoirs, for most anglers, lakers are where its at. I fish 3 other lake trout reservoirs that are properly managed and you don't see any reports from me on them.

My message is that with GM we have a lake that is not as good as could be, and it is a lake that people really like to fish at for lake trout at. The lake trout are not detrimental to the fishery, they are a benefit. With protection of trophy lake trout, in a 5 or 10 years it could be that lake that you probably shouldn't talk about on the internet

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I think lake trout reports can be great for lake trout! As long as it's not pinpointing a location or a body of water that isn't on the radar for lake trout.... It's a double edged sword and I understand what you mean, but it's hard to promote the protection of a species while also trying to keep it a secret. Out of all the serious lake trout fisherman on this forum how many of you started fishing for lake trout and started hammering big fish right away...without any help? From shore?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I think Fordo's reports are very well thought out, informative and spell out his belief's on lake trout conservation very well.

As Diesel stated, a double edged sword and Fordo has done a great job with that.

Keep it up Fordo I personally enjoy the reports and conservation education you add to them.

JMHO

PD

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Its good lake for me to use to spread my love for the lake trout.
Bullshit. You whored it out. The fisheryn will pay the price.

Now you're just trrying to rationalize your incredible stupidity. Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
How many trips will it take for an average angler to get into a trophy sized mac at GM... It won't be long before they figure out it's either dumb luck or put in some serious hard work, even after putting in some work consistently catching big fish from GM would be a chore.

How many guys on this forum have fished GM for a decade and never caught a mac over 24 inches?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts