Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to feed my mac fever. So I think I'll try out green mnt tommorrow for the first time. I was wondering how to get to the residential boat ramp? I have driven to the inlet before from silverthorne, but never been to the lake. It sounds like 150 yards out from the res boat ramp is the ticket. As always I'll be the only yellow pant wearing sun of a gun on the lake. So if your out there come say hi and hopefully take a pic of a trophy.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a map and just need to know which is the residential boat ramp. I found two. One near the blue river inlet and one closer to the elliott creek inlet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Went to green mountain this morning , Great weather. The mac bite was really lite, Had a hard time hooking alot of them .Between my partner and I we iced about 8 macs and 1 rainbow. Most pretty small , I lost a real nice one getting him out of the hole. He snapped my line ,almost caught him on the way back in . I Know Likely fish story( LOL) They didnt seem to aggressive as far as going after your bait . I tried putting it right in front of them then tried a couple feet above them to see if they would come up to the lure. Most of the time they wouldnt. The only way we could figure out how to get them to bite was a real slight jigging motion right in front of thier nose., We tried alot of diffrent things to no avail. It was one of the lightest bites Ive ever seen , You had to really pay attention or you wouldnt get another chance when they hit . Still all in all great day on the lake. Had Fun !

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
In my biased opinion its not where on the lake you fished, but how and with what you fished with. If the fish (in my opinion) are not happy with what your feeding then they will be fairly cautious. But, if the like "it" and like what your doing with "it", they hit "it".

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was coloradofisher's partner. We were about 100 yards off north? boat ramp. The area between the dam and hiway 9. It was SO nice to not have gale force winds, in fact no wind at all!! Got sunburnt face..get the fishin' tan going early this year. About 10:30a to noon had a nice flurry with 1-1/2" white TJ and SMALL chunck of suck...numerous bites, iced a few SMALL max. More later....

·
Registered
130 Posts
As pikester01 said we were off the north boatramp , we were in the black pulsue hut . This is the first time ive fished this lake in about 17 years so i dont know the lake at all .There were quite a few other men fishing the lake as well .As i walked around everyone seemed to be doing about the same as far as catching fish. Maybe better luck next time

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
when i was at green mountain last weekend we fished off the highway that runs along lake, we caught 30 lakers and 1 rainbow, they were hitting bitsy tubes in 2 1/2 inch with a small piece of suckermeat

·
Registered
769 Posts
Was up there yesterday. I think the access he is talking about is at the North end of the lake. It is the access off of highway 9 that takes you across the dam and then back into Heeney. About halfway between the highway and the dam there is a boat ramp with decent parking and easy access to the lake. Many light bites with 10" to 16" lakers and a couple of kokes. Feel the reason for missing most of the bites is the small size of the fish.

·
Registered
267 Posts
TAL0362 said:
In my biased opinion its not where on the lake you fished, but how and with what you fished with.  If the fish (in my opinion) are not happy with what your feeding then they will be fairly cautious.  But, if the like "it" and like what your doing with "it", they hit "it".
i'll disagree w/ this 100%. the number one most important thing in my opinion is to fish where the fish are. if there are no fish there, it makes no difference what you use or how you use it.

about green mountain, did you see or hear of any pike being caught?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
John,

I didn't mean it that way. In my book structure very important, and you have to be seeing fish. What I did mean was if the fish are there (on your screen) then they are looking at your offering and if not bitting, something is amuck. Hatchmaster was out the same day did well, Hatchmaster without a fish finder, and Coloradofisher with a fishfinder, who was marking fish, but not getting a good bite. That was the context of my comment.

·
Registered
267 Posts
TAL0362 said:
John,

I didn't mean it that way.   I my book structure very important, and you have to be seeing fish.  What I did mean was if the fish are there (on your screen) then they are looking at your offering and not bitting something is amuck.   Hatchmaster was out the same day did well,  Hatchmaster without a fish finder, and Coloradofisher with a fishfinder, who making fish but not getting a good bite.   That was the context of my comment.
gotcha.

·
Registered
267 Posts
you all are right, there are no pike there,

i thought i had sources that said there were, but i checked them and apparently i am just confused.

i have never actually fished there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts