Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I fished there monday with a few friends. Personally I caught around 16 and lost a 10lb mac at the hole it broke my line. Still fun though. We were in 50 fow fishing with the same thing.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
fishinbud go to the main parking area by the dam and look at the people fishing in that area. The people that are fishing way out past the middle are fishing for salmon. there is a channel out there that is where I have had my best luck. I heard that the salmon are small this year but they are catching them.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
use something orange the fish are usually from 15 to 40 feet down just get your lure down there fast because they usually don't stay for long. IF you aren't catching any salmon try dropping a tube all the way to the bottom I caught a 7lb mac there 2 years ago at about 185 feet down just messing around.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I didn't have much luck last year for them but some guy said they caught their limit a couple of weeks ago. I am going to go up there sunday maybe I will see you there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.