Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It feels like I havn't posted in forever. I've been real busy and have not been able to fish very much. But enogh excuses heres the report.

Went to Green Mountain on Sunday. Got a real late start and didn't arrive untill 9:00am. The weather was beautifull. This was my first time driving on I-70 since November that the weather didn't impact the driving. Set up off the res boat ramp. Big mac attack was on all morning. I landed about 15 lakers and hooked and lost countless more. But at the same time by girlfriend landed one and only had a couple of bites. Usuall tubes and sucker meat. Tried some new stuff this time. Messed around with 5" tubes from Freshwater basics and I don't like them. I think the 2 1/2 inch fat tubes in glow are the best ones out there. Second up is the 3.5 inch bleeding tubes from strikemaster in white. With visions of a record in my head I aso tried out some 7 inch tubes by F.B. in glow. Had them rigged with a 1oz jig head and a big piece of sucker. I got some huge bites but couldn't get a good hookset. So I added a big red treble as a stinger hook. Once again huge takes but they just stayed on a little longer before shaking the hook. I was REALLY setting the hook so I don't know what was going on. Macks were between 16-24 inches. Most were caught deadsticking on the bottom or on the retrive up. I love the savage bite of a suspended mack. Great day!

There were a ton of people out. I never been there on a weekend before. This lake now falls in the same catagory as Granby as I fish it only during the week. Nothing against all you snowmobilers but I like a little quiter fishing. These two were yelling at each other big time. I thought they were going to fight!

M

·
0 Posts
Nice pics and report. I want to try one more time for lakers through the ice this year. If I can't get any, I'll hit Jefferson or something this summer, I want a laker.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice report! Glad to hear that there are still a few fish in that lake, its been getting a ton of pressure lately. Might head up there tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Im headin up there tomorrow, never been there yet either

what kind of kastmasters or other lures & size are best?? im goin for larger macks, what depths are the macks at?? I'll have a fishfinder with me

how far a walk is it from parking?? tryin to figure out my load

will be heading to tackle shop tonight, so any input would be great

thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
DOGKATCHER-
I'm Headed up to green mt. tomorrow as well. I can show you a few good spots. PM me if you are intersted in meeting up. I'll be in a clam 2000

I

·
0 Posts
Cold Water Assasin, If its anything like it was a week ago, the North end parking lot where most people go is NOT for a car, but like I said that was last week.. There are however other places you can park with a car, it just might not be as easy!! Maybe somebody else could verify better for you..

·
Registered
767 Posts
When I was there yesterday about 5-6 inches of fresh snow had fallen and there was lots of water and mud on the dirt roads. I was I didn't see any cars go down the road to the parking lot. I think there was some ruts that would have caused my little car to high center. I was glad to be driving a Cherokee.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts