Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We fished Green Mountain yesterday from 9:30 to dark. It was much slower than last weekend. Ice was 18"+ with a couple inces of snow.Three of us iced six koks, 15'-25' in deeper water and seven bows 10"-14", in 20 fow on the bottom. florecent orange and silver kastmasters were the ticket for the bows. I talked to a few others who had limited out. They all said it took a while and a lot of holes. I want to thank Charlie and his brother who allowed us to horn in on their area. After these gentlemen iced there limit they invited me to sit on their bucket and gave me a great lesson on the use of a vexlar and their method of kokanee jigging. It is awesome to meet people who are willing to teach one their method of fishing. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You did better than we did Saturday! We only managed to ice 8 small rainbows, but the three guys that I took each caught their first fish through the ice, so it was a success in that regard. Saw a few schools of kokes swim through but couldn't get them to bite. :mad: Seemed like the ice should stick around for a while, pretty thick still, and cold. Looney.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Littlemac and I were out there 3/19. We fished from 6:30 till 11:30. We targeted kokanee for 3 hours, caught 10 lost several others at the hole, small 12"-14"ers. Then we tried catching lakers for a couple hours. We found them but they were being weird, laying on the bottom, not chasing the jig. We figured out the pattern and caught 8, standard size. Littlemac lost a bigger one close to the ice. I think the falling barometer slowed things down.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i was there on 3/18 with kastimisser and my brother , i caught 16 and my brother caught 19 , mostly 11 to 13 inches , but i caught acouple nice 15 inchers , kastmisser also caught lots of kokes, they were acting different then the past week , the would come threw then vanish , the past weekend i caught 38 by myeself and they were holding in my holes for the whole day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts