Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday me and my cousin (irishman) fished the blue river and green mountain. Not much action on the blue but we did end up landing a few at Green mountain. A couple over zelous rainbows and a tiny mack. The today we headed up to the red feathers area and did well with browns and a few cuttbows. We caught fish using rapala type lures and tube jigs. Here are a few pictures.

Crazy Brown hit a rouge half his size.

The blue river...I thinks its the toughest river in Colorado to figure out.

Crazy little rainbow

Little Green Mountain Mack

Osama Bin Fishin'!!Today was cold as hell had to cover up!

Brown...

Now thats Cold.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice catch!!!! The Texan in me shudders at the idea of fishin in the extreme cold but if the fish are biten....ill be there....Again congrats

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me and my cousin a.k.a. fishinguitars hit it hard this weekend. Here are a few of my fish.

Green Mountain bow.

Brown.

Colorfull cuttbow!!

Drag Screamer!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey fishing guitars...I will pay you $50-$100 if I can send you my John Elway jersey and get it signed at the Grand Opening at the Bass Pro Shop on Wednesday. It would mean SOOOO much to me if you could do that. PLMK if you are allowed to get him to sign something.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Man, you guys better be keeping those things for dinner cuz - when do you work? Great fish, keep those pic's coming!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Fishinguitars, Where exactly is the section of the Blue that is pictured above the caption "Blue River..." (second picture down)?

I've been to the Blue a good bit and don't recognize that water.

Thanks

rstrouts

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Up early and had a pretty good day no hogs but a few nice fish.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its between silverthorn and green mountain...ahahhahah.. I know that doesnt help...all I can tell you is that its a steep walk down to the water from the parking area. If I get up there this week I'll get you a mile marker number.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
saweeet!
Are those cranks all you guys are using to catch those nice fish? If so, what is the size, color, and brand of those cranks? I'd like to know. I'd like to catch more trout on hardbodied lures; I catch them well on worms and jigs and sometimes panthers but not that well on cranks.
Great fish.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rouge's....rapala's....they all work well. I'm getting away from using rapala's for cost reason's and casting distance. I can buy different brands of minnow type lures that cast farther and have great action. If your looking to spend a buck or two Yozuri cranks are hard to beat. Perfect action right out of the box, a great flashy finish that doesnt peel off as soon as it hits a rock. Not to mention a really tight wobble thats hard to beat.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pikester I'm not really sure what made that cut on the brown my cousin caught. It could have been some a$$hole earlier in the year during the spawn who tried to snag it. Or possibly a hawk or eagle tried to scoop something up that was a little to big. We did catch a luckly little rainbow that had a scar on each side of it where an eagle or hawk tried to take him out of the water.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You and your brother are awesome fisherman, and I'm almost certain you take the best fish photos. I'm jealous. Do you use a point and shoot digital?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its actually me and my cousin.....one camera we use is a cannon powershots30 and the other one is a cheap fuji digital camera. Nothing fancy and niether one is over 5 megapix. Thanks we have actually been making an effort to take better pictures lately.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahahaha...I'm always giving him crap about his fish looking bigger then mine. I'm 6'4 and he's 5'9 so with my ogar body behind a fish it looks smaller.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No need for a new thread. made a solo trip out today. Here are some pics

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excuses Excuses. Theres a reason mine look bigger and its not cause you look like Yao Mings brother. Gotta say though youve taught me more about fishing that most people will never even think about. ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts