Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started at 1:00 and ended up snaging eight kokanee and losing five, the salmon were jumping everwhere, then they just stoped and noone else could get any, the salmon were between 15 to 19 inches, most were still very silver and i caught three that were turing red ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Hows the arm doing today? How was the crowd?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my arms got tired alot, there wasent that many people at all, i stoped every 10 casts and took a second to gain back some energy

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Always going to be more people on the weekends.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
slayer, there is always tons of people there, i got lucky and there wasent that many people, i will be there saturday and who knows if ill get a spot but im happy with the ones i caught, my friend only snaged two and he was there since yesterday night he was pissed that i caught more then him lol , yes the salmon are very tasty :p

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
good luck at 11 mile slayer

F

·
0 Posts
weve already talked about it ...but its not the people that bother me snaggin its the damn boats

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah , there was two boats but they kept their distance, they also caught thier limit, slayer dosent elevenmile start october 1 ? , i had good luck at 11 mile two years ago, at elevenmile they are huge 20 to 24 inches, two to four pounds, williams fork kokanee are monsters too i snagged abunch in the river last year, elevenmile sucked last year, i like taylor reservoir also , i caught abunch at taylor with a orange kastmaster jigging

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I have heard from many that you dont have to snag them...Bernie Okeef (Granby guide) talked this morning on Wickstrom's show about his favorite rig during this time of the year is a ping tube jig tipped with a wax worm below a slip float...I have heard from many that they still hit things while they are spawning...

An they catch Alaskan Sockeyes on lures and flies during the spawn just fine...I believe all a Koke is, is a landlocked Sockeye Salmon...

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah the pink tubes do work and i agree on that, but i love to snag too, i caught over 120 kokes in gunnison on flys and lures so yes they will take um, i snaged one koke today, i decided to go to granby and it wasent happening, when i went back were i was fishing at green mountain today someone had about 17 kokes for four people, i tryed jigging a spoon with no sucess

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I think all the complaining that my neighbor Glenn has done this summer, about the poor fishing of late, is finally starting to pay off. We fished Green Mountain today, from one of those darn boats (my boat)... Not to worry, we were trolling mid lake well out of reach of even the longest casting shore fisherman. We had steady action with small Kokanee, Rainbow, and Lakers. We lost half of the Kokanee we had on, the other half added up to 30 or 40 salmon (10-14 inches) plus a dozen or so small lakers (20" and less) and 6 or 8 rainbows (10-14 inches). We came home with limits of salmon and trout. How often does that happen?

Terre

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice work Talo, you made the call when you said they should be turning on anytime now.

Drop me a line when you get ready to make your next trip up. With the price of fuel nowadays, no more solo runs; post to find partners and split gas.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice job talo, green mountain is slow for snaging i went again today and missed um, went in the morning then came back but they went threw at 11 and i dident make it back till 2, i caught a ton of rainbows, talo what did you catch the kokes with ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts