Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me my brother and my friend went to green mountain , i was unable to loacte any kokes  :(  tryed deeper water but was unsuccessful locating anything , we moved shallow stright out from the marina boat ramp in 40 feet of water i caught one mack and then my brother caught three , missed some other bites , then i went to my usual spot i fish , i caught 9 macks , my freind caught 5 and my brother caught 2 , we missed lots of good hits and also lost some on the way up , we fished in 46 feet of water and we saw lots and lots of macks on my aqua view , left the vex in the truck , i havent got used to useing my vex yet , nice day to be fishing ;D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
anyone going tomorrow??? monday 02/13 ??

i maybe going there, then hit A-basin on way home

Fishin & boarding in one day .. sounds fun

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey King, after four outings I've finally gotten used to and figured out my Vex. Wow, what a great tool to have. I don't even care about my fish finder any more. It is completely obsolete.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello anglers I know everyone is entitled to fish, but RESPECT is nice.
PLease stay at least 20 yards away from other fishermen especially if
their is good fishing like Green Mountain" fish are all over"

KOKANEEKING stay off the next mans nuts!

I do belive it was you who came up and drilled a hole 10 ft next to me just because you saw me catch a fish, and I know it was you because you asked if what I just caught was a koke and you described the spot I saw you fishing at .
That is when I told you to go out to the channel, in other words give me some space. Some other group of guys drilled holes 10 ft in front of my tent, dissrespectfull ******. I go fishing to get away from it all, so give me some peace people.

come on... you guys gotta admit that its anoying when people set up shop 10 to 15ft next to you. when there is plenty of fish and space for all of us to fish comfortably.

I thaught spring river fishing was bad, anyway I caught 4 small 18 in lakers and one of my buddies caught a fat 21incher.

F

·
0 Posts
two sides to every story, but I will say people crowding me pisses me off. I've had to tell a few different guys at the dream stream to give me some space. My cousin had a guy yesterday walk across the river to cast into the same spot my cousin was fishing for a half hour. As a kid when you crowd another angler thats when your old man tells whats right and wrong. Angling ethics goes a long way.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i wasent that close to you but whatever , i stayed for five minutes and moved on , i just thought id try to find some suspended kokes but whatever , it dosent matter because in the other area i fish there is noone , i just thought id give that area i try , next time i wont bother with that side of the lake

·
Registered
166 Posts
YEAGER-
Which group/shelter were you guys in? I was out there too and people were moving and bunching up a bit but rather than getting all bent out of shape trying being friendly and talking to people. If you are looking for some seclusion you might want to try a spot that isn't right out from the parking lot.

D

·
0 Posts
nhurianek said:
If you are looking for some seclusion you might want to try a spot that isn't right out from the parking lot.
He didn't say he was looking for seclusion.  He was looking for a little common courtesy.   It is incredibly rude to drill within 15 or 20 feet of someoner unless (a) they're your friends, or (b) you have asked whether they minded and had been welcomed into the fold.

And I would bet that 95% of the members of this site would agree. There's plenty of fish and water and ice to go around without crowding someone.

F

·
0 Posts
Fishing spots are first come first serve...I've seen a bunch of anglers try to crowd me out of spots, and I have no problem telling them give me some space. First in a nice way and if that doesn't work I'll get a little stern.

Generally speaking even if someone is right off the parking lot. They woke up earlier to be in the spot and are entitled to the spot free of crowding, or at least thats the way it should be. For some people fishing isn't a social thing...and I'm one of those people. Sure I'll be friendly and say hello as I walk by, but I'm out there to get away. I imagine I'm not the only one who heads out fishing as stress relief from the hectic chaos of daily life. So if I find a good spot get set up and finally start relaxing on the water. The last thing I want to see is a group of loud dudes crowding me and my spot. Respect goes along way, and disrespect can lead to conflict.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i understand first come first serve , but when your 20 yards away from someone then it dosent matter, but i dont want to make it a problem , i have a area on green mountain were i catch macks all the time so it dosent matter

F

·
0 Posts
I'm just saying in general kokanee not your situation specifically. Just happen to us fishing yesterday too so this topic hits home

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
In my opinion 60 feet is way, way, too close! Totally inconsiderate. If I can see someones face it is too close.

I've never had that happen to me, when I'm on small structure and someone else comes to it and they see I'm on it, they have gone somewhere else. If I am 200 ft (75 paces) from someone I am uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
some people just don't get the respect and ethics part of fishing. bet their parents or the people how taught them fished the same way..

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
what if the shoe was on the other foot and they were banging the fish and a guy comes out of his shelter and starts drilling holes next to them do you think it is gonna be like"come on over dude fire it up the fishing is hot right here" or "hey cast your line right here there are a ton of fish right here". i kind of think not. i could be wrong ya just never know. every one just think about that next time someone invades your personal space summer or winter

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I didn't say it was OK but it fishing he's a young guy worse things can happen'. Don't know him but from his post him and his bro seem OK. He screwed up but it wasn't that big of a thing and I don't think going off and whining and crying about it helps.

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Ice fishing is a social sport- You fish here and SO SHALL I!!!

bwahahahahaha-

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I posted stay at least 20yards away from other anglers, thats still way too close!

Maybe next time I will set up a perimiter around my tent and post signs
"fishing comfort zone" - just joking.

My first post was not much of a report, when i go to Green mountain I use either 2 to 3 in tubes (white) tipped with sucker meat or I try road runners with the feathery bottom tipped with a meal worm,but you got to watch it or the tail will freeze on ya.
-my buddy that caught the 21 in mack was using a "white bleeding tube"
tipped with the same piece of sucker meat he had been using for 2 hours.
    it was -21 degrees at 6:00 AM skies were clear, fishing was slower for me this week normally those green mountain macks are not so finicky.  They would follow the jig up and down all day.   It seemed like you could catsh a fish on the first drop of a fresh hole and then after that the other fish would just follow it around.  

1 - 20 of 48 Posts