Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Lake X this morning, just kidding ;D. Seriously, I fished green mountain resevoir this morning and caught a few lake trout. I lost more than I caught. I fished down by the dam in front of the boat ramp in about 76 ft of H2O. Fish seemed to be right on the bottom. I was using white curly tails tipped with sucker meat. There was a time when a huge school came through, had 1 on and it snapped my line, but by the time I put a new jig on and got to my other pole, the school was gone. They seemed to be hitting the jigging better than the dead stick.

The largest I had was 17in on average they were about 13 to 15....it was still a blast.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ice was a good 8 to 10" with maybe 2'' of snow on the top. I think your right about that school, it's funny I had something pretty good on in the middle of that school. My fish finder lit up like a xmas tree for a good 3 min's. By the time I got back down there, they were gone. :( Oh and the (gill lice), I didn't see any. All the fish looked pretty good, but they were just pretty thin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The macks in GM always seem to be pretty thin but I always catch quite a few there. I usually fish the north end near a submerged rock. I was just wondering if that rock was under water or sticking out this year. Thanks for the info. guys. Going to try to hit it monday.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
icedummy2 said:
The macks in GM always seem to be pretty thin but I always catch quite a few there. I usually fish the north end near a submerged rock. I was just wondering if that rock was under water or sticking out this year. Thanks for the info. guys. Going to try to hit it monday.
Once again I ask, what was your handle back when you were active in the earlier years, Ice guy?

I think this is at least the third time someone has asked. What's the answer?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lets not start that again. It's really not important but if you want to pm me I will be more than happy to fill you in on my secret identity...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts